You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:35 am 

Does anyone know when post-nasal drip has affected the tonsils and adenoids. My daughter has a constant draining (or so it seems). I'm just wondering what the signs are that the tonsils/adenoids have been damaged/affected. My niece had the same issues and didn't find out hers were affected until her orthodontist took an x-ray and it showed they were enlarged.

Any experiences with this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:16 pm 

Haven't had any experience with this, but I have another related question to put out there---has anyone ever been told by an Ear Nose Throat doctor that they have "laryngeal inflammation?" Could that be related to allergies?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:30 pm 

I have my tonsils out and I think my adenoids as a young chid. I was prone to ear infections and tonsils got infected also.
I also have had polyps removed from my sinus cavity in my late 20's or early 30's.The Allergiest even kept my x ray to use for other student Doctors as it was very severe.
I have the laryngeal inflammation (was told by a Allergiest) as part of what can happen to me. One of my Allergiest gave me a really notes to take with me and pass on to other Doctors that have treated me. My GP here is was very greatful for all the records that I came with from away.
Kelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:32 pm 

Hi Kelly, Thanks for your reply. Do you have laryngeal inflammation only when you have a reaction to food or additives? Or do you also have that from environmental allergies?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:26 pm 

It has now developed into both as I have gotten more sensitve over the years.
Kelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:57 pm 

Thanks, Kelly. I'll ask my allergist about a possible connection to environmental allergies in my case, then. It didn't seem to occur to the ENT doctor...but then again, my appointment was less than 5 minutes, and she didn't tell me about the laryngeal inflammation either. The referring doctor mentioned the laryngeal inflammation when reviewing my notes from the ENT doctor--not sure whether this would be significant or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:52 am 

Gee 5 minutes is not a very long appointment ! Wow... Hope the Allergiest is a longer appointment.....
Kelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:50 am 

Yeah, it will be. My allergist actually talks to me :)