You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:44 pm 

Worchestershire sauce has fish in it (anchovies), so those with fish allergies should not eat this dressing.

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:04 am 

Thanks for the reminder Julie (there is so much info. in my brain that I need reminders). It is like I have a rolidex of allergy info. in my brain. I see a product and you can almost hear the pages spinning as I try recall any facts I've stored about that product.

I had heard that Lea & Perrins didn't contain fish but I just found this on their website.

Q. Does Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce contain peanuts?
A. Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce doesn't contain any peanuts, tree-nuts, or nut oil of any type.

Q. Do you make a vegetarian version of Worcestershire Sauce?
A. No. Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce is made to the original recipe created in 1837 and contains anchovies - a type of fish. We believe that altering the recipe to exclude a key ingredient such as anchovies would mean that Lea & Perrins® would no longer be the 'original and genuine' Worcestershire Sauce, as claimed on the bottle.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:48 pm 

My son is allergic to fish too as well as soy, so it definitely wouldn't work for us at all. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:31 pm 

_Susan_ wrote:

Anyone know where I can find some dairy-free parmasean cheese?

Susan, I know this isn't a fresh cheese but would do OK in a dressing. It's from Galaxy Nutritional Foods and it's a Parmesan Flavour grated soy topping called Vegan Grated Topping. Says 100% non-dairy - casein & lactose free. It's almost $5 for 4oz. But make sure you get the soy topping, not the rice because the rice has dairy. It was a very exciting day for us when we discovered this topping because it tastes so much like the parmesan cheese that I remember. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks! :)

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:39 pm 

In case anyone is interested, Epicure Selections makes a wonderful, best I've ever had, egg free Caesar dressing. It does contain dairy though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:23 pm 

Where can you find this dressing? I would be interested in using it if the other ingredients are safe :)

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:35 pm 

I buy Kraft 'fat-free' ceaser dressing. But it has to be 'fat-free'...that is the only one that has no egg. I like it!

Peanuts, Tree nuts, Peas, Eggs, Apple, Pear, Peach, Plum, Kiwi, Mustard, Green Beans, Horses, Cows, Grass, Trees....do I need to go on????