You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:24 pm 

Here's one situation where misery does not wish for company. No other family member, on either side, has had any of the issues our son has...until now. My first cousin (lives in the U.K.) has been emailing me constantly. Her little guy's life seems to be (unfortunately) mirroring our son's. He has had non-stop vomiting, our son had surgery at 6 weeks for pyloric stenosis. Her son is a year and it has gone on since he was an infant, diagnosed as some type of reflux issue. He also has horrid eczema which flares up with all kids of food. He reacts to animals and being outdoors. He now has reacted, vomiting, rash etc. after being give eggs and other foods. I have advised her that no matter how a family dr. feels it is time to see an allergist. That although you grieve at first there is also relief as you aren't always guessing what will make your baby sick. You have a starting point as to what foods to avoid and what triggers reactions. I have sent her every piece of info. I have as so much online is not accurate and it takes time to weed out the true the false the bizarre etc..

Anyone from the U.K. online reading this, do you have a support site also which my cousin could get onto. I know it is hard to find food items etc. unless you can name specific grocery stores and brands etc..

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:16 am 

i am in uk, and post here a few times, i know all the normal support chanels, the anaphylaxis campaign, and allergyuk, which are easily found on the internet.

if she wants further support, e-mail for instance, she can contact me.

sarah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:50 am 
Site Admin

Williamsmummy - So glad you replied. :)
I was thinking about you (and Storm) when I read BC2007's post.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:58 pm 

Thanks so much Williamsmummy, my cousin gave the ok to forward you her email. I'll PM it to you. She is sooooo frustrated. This morning she emailed saying they will not refer him until after his first birthday (I was mistaken about his age, he's 9 months). He reacted this week after strawberries, mango etc. and she was told to just stop feeding him red fruit for one week then re-introduce it????? I told her to stop all raw fruit for now especially strawberries. She did her own dairy test and took him off it for 2 weeks with no change, I told her to stop trying egg completely as he is reacting to egg. Hopefully another parents allergic site closer to home will have parents able to give her tips on where to go and what to try until he can be properly tested. I don't understand the concept of waiting until they are over a year...then you still may wait months for an appt. What if your child has an anaphylactic reaction in the meantime?????????? I told her to demand a prescription for an epipen asap even without the testing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:10 am 

did try and e-mail with addres you gave, but didnt work...............will try again, or you can pass on my e-mail address.
have pm you.

sarah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:33 am 

Williamsmummy, thanks so much for trying. I am not sure what's up, I haven't heard from her either, I might have to call and make sure all is OK. I've emailed her your address also.