* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:55 am 
Site Admin

Me:
Quote:
I am looking for a site to rent October 30Th evening or October 31 afternoon. I am involved in the ---, a group of individuals in the --- area who either are the parents of children or are themselves affected by severe (life threatening) food allergies.

I'm trying to arrange a Halloween Party for the children. I'm not certain about the numbers and we might even have a member who has membership with the -- Centre.

Could you please tell me about your services? We'd be holding a food free event with activities and games for the kids. I'm thinking preferably a gym but in a pinch, a hall would work.

Any advice you can give would be helpful and appreciated. The --- Centre is great location.

Them:
Quote:
As per your inquiry, attached is the full listing of our room rates for your reference. I am not sure of your numbers, but from what you are describing, the --- Room would be your best bet. The --- Room is currently available on either October 30th – after 5pm or October 31st during the day. The -- Room has a weekend rental rate of ***+GST. (yikes!)

You mentioned in your email that this was a food free event? Just to let you know that the --- does not allow any outside catering, in case you were looking to provide this service from an outside source.

Me:
Quote:
How would you manage catering while avoiding all 8 priority allergens as well as several other (gelatin, kiwi, potatos etc?) How allergen aware are your staff?

At most the parents would be bringing sealed loot bags with individually wrapped candies that might be handed out at the end of the party to be consumed at home. Would this be a problem?

Them:
Quote:
Bringing in loot bags would be fine.

Feel free to contact me, should you require any additional information.

Umm, yeah but I'd still like to see you try. :roll: Maybe I should request they make a full sit down meal for us! (apparentlythe room fee is waived if we order full meals 8) )

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:06 pm 

People can't seem to get together without food so they probably are thinking no food means you are sneaking in pizza under your coat.
Good luck finding a hall rental.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish