You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:26 pm 

I live in British Columbia, near Vancouver, does anyone know where I can buy a copy of AL?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:36 pm 

I subscribed online. I have never seen it in a store anywhere. I would also like to purchase back issues (spring and summer ) if anyone knows how I could do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:39 pm 

I have acutally suggested in a Drugstore that they could inguire about the mag, and was looked at rather blankly. They had never heard of it. Where would you think to find a Medical Related Mag?
Kelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:18 am 

I believe you can find it at Chapters, and if not, they might special-order it for you if you request it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

Allergic Living is carried by Chapter's and Indigo. Check the Health/Wellness section.

You can also order an issue online at this site (paying by credit card), and we send it to you. Just click on the logo to go to the homepage, then click the Current/Past Issues button and you'll see our three available issues.

Hope that helps! Of course, you can also subscribe and get four issues for not a lot more. Up to you. /Gwen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:07 pm 

Does anyone know how long it should take to receive your first copy after subscribing? I ordered a subscription NOv. 13th and still haven't received anything, though I did get e-mail confirmation of my subscription order. Is this a normal amount of time to wait? I'm in Nova Scotia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:55 am 

I signed up in summer, too late to recieve the summer edition. I had signed up prior to my friend recieving her summer edition, but I am assuming that I missed the cut of to be mailed the summer edition. I recieved my first edition in fall...then I back ordered the ones I missed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Just noticed this discussion. Let me try to clear up any confusion:

1) Allergic Living publishes four times a year, according to the seasons. Last year, our launch year, we published four issues in 8 months. This year and in subsequent years, it will be a more predictable system. The Spring issue will be mailed to arrive early in April; Summer arrives in late June; Fall in early September; and Winter 2006-2007 by late December. Give some allowance to post office delays.

2) Subscribing is the most reliable way to get Allergic Living. It's simple to do online. Just go back to the homepage and click on Subscribe/Renew and follow the steps.

3) Issue cutoff dates - like all magazines, we have to start compiling and preparing mailing lists ahead of our printing dates (and as magazines have to be bound, bundled, labelled, there is a time lag between printing and distribution. The cutoff date to get an issue as part of a subscription is approx. two months before it mails.

4) Current issue - if the issue is shown on our homepage, it is already in distribution and therefore won't be part of a new subscription. You may, however, order the current issue or any of our back issues as directed under the "current/past issues" tab on the homepage.

5) You should be able to find Allergic Living in Chapter's and on newsstands in some big health food stores (e.g. Whole Foods, the Carrot Common in Toronto). But on big newsstands in a chain such as Chapter's, it's impossible for us to advise you exactly where Allergic Living has been placed in a given store or when it will be shelved. As with all mags, subscription is also the considerably cheaper way to purchase Allergic Living.

Hope that helps! /Gwen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

Today I filled out a form with our public library asking them to concider purchasing a subscription to this magazine. The Librarian was very interested in it. She felt that a lot of patrons would be interested in it. :)
I'll keep you posted regarding any progress I make.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:31 am 
Site Admin

Thanks a lot Susan. Do appreciate the help.

The more people who subscribe, the more solid AL becomes, the more we can put back into editorial and the website. Subscribers make it all happen for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:54 pm 

For the longest time I was unable to see "Allergic Living" amongst the hoards of magazines at my local Chapters. Finally today I saw it and was happy to see that they also displayed multiple copies on an aisle end as well. Really good exposure! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Good to hear. We pay quite a bit for those side "racks".

It's nice to hear when the magazines actually get into those racks. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:40 pm 

I just tried to buy a subscription. I am a Medic-Alert member and am pretty sure I chose that option, but it did not ask me for my medic-alert member number. Is that something they will email me later to ask about? I want to make sure I get the price for the members.

Misc (pollen, grass, mold, dogs, cats)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

Ficbot, it's ok, MedicAlert can confirm membership via names and addresses.

So if you're a member, you can just pick that option.

If you have any trouble, just shoot our subscription person a note at info@allergicliving.com

Hope you enjoy the mag!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:06 am 

Thanks! I got a free issue with one of my medic-alert mailings and my mom (who gets all my mail) saved it for me. To be honest, at the time, I shrugged it off because I didn't think that the problem I had the bracelet for (a drug allergy) was "serious" enough for me to merit the magazine :) But since then, my family history of late-developing food allergies has kicked in, and I have been going through a difficult time. I have come to accept that what I eat really is something I must pay attention to, and it is not me over-reacting or making a big deal or being a hypochondriac or something like that.

Misc (pollen, grass, mold, dogs, cats)