You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Dairy Free MultiVitamin?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:51 pm 

We bought Children's Centrum Complete until this week. They had a new package I noticed yesterday and now it contains lactose. Are there any other multivitamins that have calcium also that are milk free? We tried the Arthur ones a while ago but our kids hated the taste. I noticed that BodyBreak has a new children's multivitamin and I have emailed them for more information.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:59 pm 

Try Sisu. They are usually dairy, nut, eggg, and almost every other allergen free and say so on their labelling. I work at a place that sells vitamins. Otherwise try these companies: health first, progressive, yummi gummi (21st century), Greens + (this is a FANTASTIC company, good quality product and they have a powder form that you can mix into your kids' juice if they don't like t take vitamins) and Flora (they have a liquid multi, once again it's good if your kids don't like to take vitamins, just hide it in their juice).

Greens + and Flora are really good if your kids don't get enough fruits and veggies because it gives them their required daily serving pretty much. We always recommend it to parents of children who don't eat enough of them.

All of these companies are approachable and can answer your allergy questions. Health First is great because it's a coop across Canada. The advantage is that they sell quality products at a more affordable price!

Good luck :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:02 pm 

My milk-allergic son takes the Life brand (available at Shoppers) "Kids Only" chewables with iron. He loves them, and they have no lactose in them! They're pretty equivalent to the Centrum in terms of what they contain vitamin-wise, and they're not over-priced.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:59 pm 

We use Flinstones vitamins. I noticed that they sell one with added calcium.
http://www.flintstonesvitamins.ca/new_parent/eng/pp_products_calcium.asp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:55 pm 

Thanks everyone!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:36 pm 

i thought flinstones have milk..?

i buy the gummy Cars vitamins..they are the only ones i've found that are dairy free

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:50 pm 

I bought the Shopper's Life Brand and they liked them! Yeah and their reasonably priced too.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:25 am 

As Lisa mentioned, Greens is a great company and offers all the info you could want on their products. I use the powder form to mix into my son's drinks and he doesn't mind it. He dislikes taking vitamins because they're hard for him to swallow. Greens is a quality powder.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

We purchase Disney's Hannah Montana ( :roll: ) gummy vitamins at Walmart. They do not contain any egg, milk, peanut or tree nut. They come i n many styles.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb