You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: our daily BREAD
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:27 pm 

I found these buns at Walmart yesterday. I baked them with our dinner last evening, and they were DELICIOUS... a nice crusty "homemade" bun (that I didn't have to bake!). Actually, I thought they were better than my buns because I can't quite get that crusty exterior. Anyway, I'm very happy. They are a little pricey ($3.17 for 6 buns), but worth it! I am going to contact Dempsters to say thank you, and also suggest that they do the same for hamburger and hot dog buns.

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, peas, carrots, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:41 pm 

Dempsters really does read and appreciate the feed back regarding sesame free products. I encourage others dealing with sesame allergies who appreciate these new products (as Julie suggested) to also email Dempsters. I think with more positive feedback hot dog buns just might soon be a reality :banana

Quote:
March 5, 2010

Dear Mrs. ________

Thank you for your recent e-mail. We appreciate hearing positive comments from our consumers, and yours were particularly rewarding.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for purchasing Dempster's products and hope that the high quality and performance standards for our products will continue to meet with your satisfaction.

Sincerely,

Chelsea Degrassi

Consumer Response Representative

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:31 pm 

I am baking these buns for hamburgers this evening, and I am so grateful that I didn't have to bake them! I also bought the baguettes (they are approx. 10" long), and they are the perfect size for making "subs". I am going to cut the baguettes in half and make the kids 5" subs for lunch tomorrow, and, again, I can't say this enough, but I am so thrilled to have found this bread option!!! I also think they could be cut in 2 or into 3 to make decent hotdog buns.

If anyone on this forum is living with a sesame allergy or would like to support the sesame allergic families, can you PLEASE contact Dempsters and thank them for this product and ask that they continue to make them.

Here's the info:

Dempster's Oven Fresh
6 white dinner rolls barcode: 0 68721 19809 3
2 white baguettes barcode: 068721 19804 8

I called Dempsters a couple of weeks ago, and they are certainly happy to hear "thank you" rather than listening to a complaint.

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, peas, carrots, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

Julie or BC2007 - if you have the direct customer relations e-mail - good idea to post it.

You'll get more thank yous if people don't have to look up.

Happy bunning. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:43 pm 

Gwen,

You are so right! I intended to include the contact info, and I forgot - must have been all the excitement from the smell of fresh baked buns in my oven... that I didn't have to bake.

Dempsters: 1-800-465-5515
website: www.dempsters.ca and select the Contact Us tab on the home page.

Thank you everyone!

Jullie