It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:12 am 
Site Admin

Luck! :thumbsup

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:08 pm 

OK, the lasagna was a resounding success!

There were no allergic reactions whatsoever. My daughter loved it, and kept repeating "I luff it, I luff it" while she inhaled it. So did dad. Everyone went for seconds (and thirds). It was so good that I took a picture and posted the recipe on my blog.

I am glad that I found a lasagna product that is finally safe for us to consume. Hats off to Sobey's Compliments.

Noha

http://www.allergymom.ca

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:26 pm 

How wonderful! Thanks for letting us know. By the way, I love your blog... I just checked out the photo of your lasagna, and it looks DELICIOUS!!

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, peas, carrots, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:51 am 
Site Admin

Noha wrote:
There were no allergic reactions whatsoever. My daughter loved it, and kept repeating "I luff it, I luff it" while she inhaled it.

:happydance :banana :happydance

Freeze 2" (ahem, 5cm) squares of it so you have a quick meal that she loves at the ready. This comes in handy when you have unexpected dinner invites. We've had great luck with restaurants heating up food such as this for us.:thumbsup

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:40 pm 

I found another one that's egg free! Yet again, President's Choice Organics Spaghetti ( http://www.presidentschoice.ca/LCLOnlin ... ctId=10725 )

I called today and they told me it's on a dedicated line, there's no metion of egg on their allergy charts.. Yay for more options!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:05 am 
Site Admin

Ack! Do they not realize how much more business they would get if they made this information public?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:35 pm 

I was surprised that it wasn't marked "made in an egg free facility" on the box.. It would make things so much easier (especially for pasta considering the majority of it isn't safe)!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:25 am 

Another egg-free pasta! Again, this is the PC Organics line: PC Organics Penne with the bar code: 60383 69056, PC Organics Rotini with the bar code: 60383 69142. I called their 1-800 number (1-800-495 5111) and the customer service rep has confirmed there is no egg on the line. I have suggested they put the "egg-free" symbol on the box. He said he will pass this information on, but I'm not sure that this information will actually make it onto the box. Will just have to keep calling to confirm it remains egg-free!

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, peas, carrots, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:52 am 

Once again, Sobey's Compliments doesn't disappoint. They now have a safe pasta for children. Apparently, it's not a new product and has been in other places for a while, but our local Sobey's never carried it before. They just started carrying it last week. I am so happy about this and so is my little girl. It's the Junior Disney line. The pasta is egg free, dairy free and nut free. It comes in different shapes, Mickey, Winnie the Pooh, and Princess. I bought it the other day. I also called to confirm, and was told by the rep that tree nuts, peanuts, and eggs are not present anywhere in the facility. They do, however, process milk in the same facility but they have a sanitization process in place to prevent cross contamination. We've tried other Compliments products that are processed in facilities that process milk, but I believe that their cleaning process is very thorough, as we've never had a problem with their products and my little girl is severely allergic to milk (even to minute amounts of it). Here's the link:
http://www.compliments.ca/en/Products/p ... 5574237982
http://www.compliments.ca/en/Products/p ... 5574237983
http://www.compliments.ca/en/Products/p ... 5574237981

Yay! :happydance

Noha

http://www.allergymom.ca

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:40 am 

thank you so much for this info! Pasta is one of DD's favorite food.. and she doesn't get it often, as I don't have tme to make it... now she can have it more!! In fact I'm going to go get the Compliment's pasta at our local store as soon as DH is awake! Thanks again!! :bouncygreen

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:30 pm 

Thanks for this! My DD is a very picky eater and pasta is one of the only things she'll (sometimes) eat :roll: It's nice to have some options that are safe!

DD1 (3yrs) Ana peanuts & tree nuts; soy, egg white, chicken, dust mites, cats, poss. legumes & latex; eczema
DD2 (1yr) Bad diaper rashes to several foods