Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: chreese
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:51 pm 

http://www.chreese.com/index.itml

Has anyone ever tried any of these products. The mac and chreese looks cool! I'm looking for a canadian retailer, but it does look like they will ship to canada.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:13 am 

one word: yurk! (but it is my own personal opinion...) I have yet to meet someone who can eat that stuff...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:30 pm 

Have you tried it Mylene? If yes, what was actually gross about it flavor, texture or something else? I really enjoy some "milk substitute products" like meltable vegan cheese and tofutti cream cheese, sour cream and cheese slices. Maybe its because I haven't had the real thing in so long that I have forgotten what real milk products taste like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:07 pm 

I was so happy 5 years ago when I found Chreese MAc N Chreese... I ordered a whole case of them from the States! The night I got them I was soo hoping to have my mac n cheese back... but only disapointment!

Strike one: it's brown!
Strike two: it's not even close to being creamy
Strike three: it tastes awfull!

I kept them for a while and redid a batch once in a while to see if I could get used to the taste... but I still bought a box a couple of months ago and still I can't get used to the taste... one bite and I can't eat anymore... :?

I love those tofu substitutes, but that one is nutritional yeast based and it doesn't come close to what you tasted so far... but still it's your choice.

Mylène

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:10 pm 

Thanks for the info. I was planning on ordering a case too. I don't think that I will now. I did create a mac-n-cheese sauce myself today in an attempt to fight my craving. It was okay. Not as good as KD but at least it is safe. I posted it under recipes and cooking if you are interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:40 am 
Site Admin

Rizopia makes some pretty good noodles (I rinse them off).
You can make a white sauce with soya milk (I use Coffee Rich in my coffee-I must remember to check it for egg and milk)
That EarthKind cheese might work as the cheese-I'm waiting for our store to stock the cheddar.
I too miss Macaroni and Cheese.
Most people complain that processed food is too plastic; for us it's too real food,LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:31 pm 

Susan, what's that EarthKind cheese? Where do you find it in our area?

Home-made macaroni and cheese is closer to the real thing than that Chresse thing ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:26 pm 
Site Admin

Mylene, you must have missed my post in the shopping forum.
http://www.imearthkind.com/index.html
I found it at The Great Canadian Super Store in Westboro. Currently they carry Mozzarella and Nacho flavours. I've spoken to the manager of the alternative department where they carry it and I've requested that they carry the Cheddar flavour as well. I asked 3 weeks ago and haven't seen it yet so I may ask again next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:51 am 

I really enjoy this cheese too. My retailer had cheddar for the first time when I was there yesterday. I had grilled cheese today. I also adjusted by mac-n-cheese recipe under "recipes and cooking" because the recipe was a lot better using the IMEARTHKIND.COM cheese. It is pretty much perfect now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:22 am 
Site Admin

Woohoo! :D
It's so nice to meet people who like macaroni and cheese. So many people think I'm weird to like this.
It's such a comfort food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:02 pm 

Mac and cheese is about the only thing I really really miss since cutting off milk too many years ago :oops: .... and now having to cut soy, I've had to loose a lot of recipies I had modified over the last few years to get back to normal with soy milk... :cry: There was an oat-based cheese a couple of years ago that was really good, but since they stopped making it, the only milk-free ones I can find are soy-based... which is no longer good for me :cry:

Anyone miss MacDonald's too? :roll: