You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:32 am 
Site Admin

Here's the CTA website page for various complaints: http://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/doc.php?sid=1171&lang=eng
You have a couple of options
•Undue obstacles to the transportation of persons with disabilities
•Passenger Air Travel

Since the CTA has previously ruled that for the purpose of air travel, an allergy to peanuts is considered a disability, I would first try the former.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:24 pm 

Thank you for the info, Susan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:14 pm 

I have written my complaint to Air Canada and will let you know the response.

I haven't contacted the CTA yet as I needed to contact Air Canada in the first instance.

In order for the Agency to know whether it needs to become involved in resolving your dispute, you must first bring your complaint to the attention of the transportation service provider before filing a complaint with the Agency.

If you have attempted to resolve a complaint with a service provider and are not satisfied with the outcome, you may turn to the Canadian Transportation Agency.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:24 am 

This is the dismissive reply I received when I emailed to complain about Air Canada not being able to put a note about the allergy in my son's file.

Thank you for your e mail. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the problems you encountered during your recent flights with us.

Your comments regarding our call centre have been passed on for internal review of this process and would like to thank you or bringing it to our attention.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back on board one of our flights soon.

Yours sincerely,
Harvinder Gahir
Customer Relations Coordinator

So do I take it to the CTA now? I have insisted on a reply from Air Canada before and didn't get anywhere.

On another note, I was at Toronto Pearson airport yesterday and at the gate next to me (for a flight to Bermuda), Air Canada staff made an announcement asking passengers not to consume any peanut products on the flight because a fellow passenger was severely allergic to peanuts. This is the first time I have heard the announcement made at the gate, rather than on the airplane. I think it's a good idea as it gives the other passengers the opportunity to finish their food or pack it properly before boarding.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

Can you ask them to inform you of the results of the internal review and inquire when they expect this to be completed? Maybe point out that this might be go a long way to accomlishing their desire that you give them another opportunity to welcome you back on board. :roll:

Honestly once bitten, twice shy!

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:28 pm 

After reading the shocking treatment this mother and her allergic son experienced aboard Air Canada, I'm even less inclined to fly Air Canada again with my son.

It looks like I will have to spend more money flying with British Airways and their inconvenient flight schedules to London. Sigh. I wish Virgin Atlantic could fly in/out of Toronto.

http://allergicliving.com/index.php/201 ... r-allergy/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6