You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:00 am 

Has anyone with food allergies had a safe dining experience at Canada's Wonderland? Does anyone have any info on where it is safe(r)? I've sent an email to guest services already, but no response yet.

DD (6) is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts and sesame. DS (4) is allergic to eggs. I am only looking for something simple for them to eat like french fries and/or chicken nuggets/fingers. Usually we pack a picnic lunch/dinner and go back to the car to eat our meal(s), which is fine when it's just the four of us. Or sometimes, we'll pack a light snack, etc. to eat inside the park.

We will be visiting the park next week with some visitors from the U.S. and it would be more convenient if we did not have to head back to the car to eat, instead of eating with everyone else! TIA!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:29 am 

I haven't been there in years but I used to eat Chill (a frozen treat made by j&j Snack). I had checked and they were safe for peanut & sesame allergy, but it's been years since I checked.

I've never eaten actual FOOD there. I always bring my own. But last time we went, they gave me a hard time about bringing in any outside food----even coffee in a paper cup. I showed my medic alert, and epi-pen and they allowed me to bring stuff in.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:08 pm 

Hi.

My child is allergic to peanuts, treenuts, legumes, and shellfish.

We were there last summer for the day. We packed our lunch and ate it in the parking lot near the car. They do not allow picnic lunches to be brought into the park, but allowed our snacks to be brought in after showing the epi pen and medic alert bracelet.

During the day we had freshly made donuts from one of the stands. They had a sign that said peanut/nut free. They are made in front of you and were very good. I kind of remember some sort of sugar topping that we got to pick out was added.
We also had sweet potatoe fries and regular fries from a stand. The person behing the counter even allowed me to read the bag of potatoes.

We did not eat the pizza, and I did not look into that option, but I believe it was OK with the allergies we are dealing with.

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:53 pm 

Hi,

We just sent them an email about this and here is the reply we got:
------------
Dear Guest,

Thank you for contacting Canada 's Wonderland!

We do not use peanut oil inside our park. We would just recommend staying away from the gelato and dairy queen products as they do sell peanut products. Also staying away from the retail shops like the candy shops that sell small peanut products. Also if you are unsure please do ask for a supervisor whenever purchasing a product as they should have information about the products that we are serving.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to email us or contact us via phone at (905) 832 8131.

Karl
Guest Services Co-Ordinator.
Canada 's Wonderland.
(T) (905) 832 8131
(F) (905) 832 7419
(E) guestservices@canadaswonderland.com

*Please be advised that for our 2010 season, picnic baskets and coolers are welcome at the pavilion located outside Wonderland near the Main Entrance. With the exception of plastic bottled water, outside food and beverages are not allowed in the Park. Thank you for your cooperation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:32 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm, they aren't as user friendly as their competition ei. Centreville Amusement Park and Ontario Place. Both of those have lockers on site and picnic areas.

We love Centreville, the ferry ride over to the island is as much fuin for the youngsters as the rides. Great for ages 2-12 after that, you'd want the bigger rides...

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:32 pm 

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I still haven't received a response yet from guest services so thank you to Frevic for posting your email response from them! We will not be going to the park until the 20th so hopefully they will respond by then. It would be wonderful if our kids could have something as simple and basic as french fries there!