Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: I'm back...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:07 pm 

Hello!

I used to be on the forum a lot because my oldest has many food allergies. She still does but baby brother arrived!

DS showed signs of allergies when I was breastfeeding... loose stools, blood in diaper, stubborn eczema, so I cut most common allergens, and he got mommy's milk for 13 months, just like his older sister. He did get skin tested at 9 months (he's 15 months now), and none fo the major allergens reacted... DH and I were shocked! We still cannot believed it, and I'm still "chicken" about introducing new foods... We still haven't given him dairy and eggs because DD is still very allergic, and he's such a messy eater, the risks are too high for contamination.

As for DD, well, she still has her "grocery list" of allergies... apparently, following her rast test she could have cooked eggs, but not raw. I still haven't tried them, don't have the courage yet... She hasn't had any major reactions since she was 15 months old, and she's going on 4!!! I'd like to keep it that way! Her wheat and dairy allergy levels (rast & skin) seem to be decreasing, but not enough for a challenge. Keeping my fingers crossed for next year!

Anyways, that's our current situation, and I can say that we are managing pretty well! And I'm proud of it! :D

Hope to discuss with you soon! It helps not to feel alone, and I've missed it recently!

DS Francois - 1 - No allergies so far...

Post subject: Re: I'm back...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:18 pm 

Welcome back kdfour :huggy
Quote:
He did get skin tested at 9 months (he's 15 months now), and none fo the major allergens reacted.
.That is wonderful news, I know we all will have our fingers crossed for you. I wouldn't worry too much about slowly introducing certain foods. I'm sure he is getting all the nutrition he needs from other sources that it won't affect him at all to wait a bit for an egg or glass of milk.

Quote:
She hasn't had any major reactions since she was 15 months old, and she's going on 4!!! I'd like to keep it that way! Her wheat and dairy allergy levels (rast & skin) seem to be decreasing, but not enough for a challenge. Keeping my fingers crossed for next year!

Now that news deserves a couple dancing bananas!! :banana :banana

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Kim, great to hear from you!

Congrats on little guy's absence of allergies to date - all fingers crossed.

And good job with your daughter. :thumbsup
Almost 4, wow, hard to believe!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome back!
I completely understand your aprehension of trying egg and milk. If you do try it, you can take him somewhere else, maybe a play date or infant play centre.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb