You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:31 am 
Site Admin

When my daughter gets sad or frustrated because her allergies stand out and make her feel different or they get in the way of her being able to participate fully, when I begin to hear rumblings of,"It's not fair", I remind her that everyone has something. No one is perfect and the notion of a perfect life is built by advertizers who sell us products designed to make our life more perfect.

This story is an example of one woman whose "something" happened to be almost half of her brain! It is an example of perserverance and optimism in the face of adversity. Sure, she had bad days. Of course she felt down at times, but she didn't let that stop her from getting on with her life as best she could. It is a challenge to us to do the same!

Quote:
Michelle Mack has turned medical thinking upside down.

Born with only half a brain, Mack can speak normally, graduated from high school and has an uncanny knack for dates.

At 27, doctors determined that the right side of her brain had essentially rewired itself to make up for function that was likely lost during pre-birth stroke. But her childhood and young adult years were fraught with frustration.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/10/12/wo ... pstoryview

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:24 am 
Site Admin

Sometimes it's OK to feel sorry for yourself but when the pity party goes on too long remember...everyone has something to overcome.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:53 pm 

Agreed. As a counselor once told me "Everyone has baggage. Some carry it in cheap plastic grocery bags, others carry it in Louis Vuitton".