You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:45 pm 

Today at Superstore I found a display of food free advent calendars. There was one about 11x14 in size which was my little pony. It says it contains stickers/figurine and other goodies. On the same display was another advent calendar by Play-Doh. It was about 12x18 in size, a large Christmas tree on the front. Both were 9.99!!! I see on the Hasbro site for Play-doh it also lists a My littlest Pet Shop Advent Calendar. While looking up the link for the advent calendars I see online that there is also a Lego advent and a Disney Princess (NON-FOOD)calendars available.

http://www.hasbro.com/shop/browse//_/Nt ... allpartial

http://www.shopwiki.com/Advent+Calendar

:bouncyblue

....while at a local toy store today I saw Playmobil has three version of advent calendar's also.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

Last edited by BC2007 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:52 pm 

I used a cloth advent calendar for years. My own safe treats, notes or gifts were waiting each morning. I see these available each year at Save-On Foods. Costco has wooden calendars with little drawers to open. I still put mine up each year even though my kids are in their teens.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:49 pm 

I grew up making paper chains and cutting of a link each day. We also had a hand woven advent tapestry we'd tie a ribbon onto each day. Our daughter made a great advent activity last year, we bought a cookie sheet (small) at the dollar store. My husband drilled to holes so we could hang it with a ribbon. Our daughter coloured (found online and printed) 24 little gingerbread boys and girls. We laminated them (just dollar store sheets) so they'd last, each day she taped one gingerbread cookie to the cookies sheet. She made a paper mixing bowl I laminated also and then hot glued onto the bottom to hold all the little gingerbread cookies.

I also love the home made ideas. Your kids will remember always the notes and little special gifts. But what I love too is the fact that so many companies have seen the need for non-food specialties such as these advent calenders I found yesterday. Our son is too young now but one year I'd love for him to have a really cool special advent calendar.

...actally this reminds me of the gift our daughter made for grandparents a few years ago. They STILL talk about it. I bought brown paper lunch bags. She made 12 crafts and we put one in each bag. Then she labelled them according to day 1-12. We put them all into one large brown grocery bag she also decorated and we attached an envelope with a poem she wrote explaining to open one each day for the 12 days of Christmas etc..

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:23 pm 

The Lego advent calendar is great, we buy one every year, because my kids are really into Lego. Lots of other choices out there for non-food calendars as well. The real favourite here, though, is the felt caledar made by my MIL. It has numbered pockets that hold ornaments to decorate the felt tree...with the star put on last. :)

Michelle

BC2007 wrote:
Today at Superstore I found a display of food free advent calendars. There was one about 11x14 in size which was my little pony. It says it contains stickers/figurine and other goodies. On the same display was another advent calendar by Play-Doh. It was about 12x18 in size, a large Christmas tree on the front. Both were 9.99!!! I see on the Hasbro site for Play-doh it also lists a My littlest Pet Shop Advent Calendar. While looking up the link for the advent calendars I see online that there is also a Lego advent and a Disney Princess (NON-FOOD)calendars available.

http://www.hasbro.com/shop/browse//_/Nt ... allpartial

http://www.shopwiki.com/Advent+Calendar

:bouncyblue

....while at a local toy store today I saw Playmobil has three version of advent calendar's also.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:50 am 
Site Admin

Is it too early to think about this? http://www.sewing.org/html/advent_calendar.html

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:55 pm 

My boys enjoyed the playmobile advent calendar.