You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:49 pm 

I love this show! :rofl

The typical nerds, dumb blond next door, etc. aside, one of the main characters, Howard (don't ask me to spell his last name, but the Jewish guy who still lives at home with his mom) is allergic to peanuts. You'll notice they bring this in during many episodes, especially when the gang is dining on take-out food ("Did you remember my peanut allergy? They prepared this without peanut oil, right?") and of course Leonard's first birthday party when Howard eats a granola bar laced with peanuts to induce an allergic reaction. I know that one sounds far-fetched, but watch the episode and you'll understand.

But the long and the short of it is that they don't joke about his peanut allergy. It's taken very seriously by his friends and during the show they always take it into consideration when dining out, etc.

And with this show being the number 1 hit in Canada right now, maybe more people will get with the program! :thanksign

Allergic to peanuts, peas, cats, dust, ragweed, trees & grass (pollen season)
Toxic reaction to crustaceans.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:53 pm 

I just discovered this show on an airplane - love it! I have a sense of humour about allergies, but it does bother me a little that the ones with allergies are always portrayed as major geeks. I know just about everyone on this show is a geek, and that's why we love them! Just wish it would be the hot, popular, leading character every once in a while.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:19 pm 

LOVE this show. Some shows you laugh once or twice during an episode, this show I laugh all the way through. :rofl

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish