You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:56 am 

We went to Mountain Equipment Co-op today and found a really great epi pouch. It fits the new style epipen (with hard plastic case it comes in ) perfectly and is made of a good weight - black nylon fabric (same weight as you would buy a bag from MEC ). There are three (flat) straps on the back flush with the pouch, you can thread it through two and wear the pouch around your waist or thread it through the vertical pouch. There is velcro to hold the top shut but it is heavy duty and there is also an elastic strap that once you put the epipen in also holds the pen in. The pen is in snugly enough it won't shift of fall out.
The front says in white letters Epi Case and is 14.99, I found it where the safety supplies are kept. In the section of the store where they keep the sunglasses /camera cases etc. I found for 2.70 the black nylon waist strap, you can cut it to any length you like and it is about 3/4" thick so nice and slim with a black snap buckle.

www.rcpower.com is the address on the tag
RC products LTD
Vancouver B.C.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

Great! Hadn't heard about that one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:41 pm 

Here is the link to it. It looks good and the price is right too!

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_deta ... 9157947424

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

I love: "does not include an EpiPen".

:rofl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:17 am 

Wouldn't you have loved to hear the complaint to customer service which prompted such a disclaimer. :lol: What makes me shake my head is that for every seemingly ridiculous statement (usually relating to something which should be common sense) each has been printed due to someone eating, climbing, doing, saying that very thing. :freak LOL!!!

DS didn't mind wearing the pouch at all yesterday. It is lightweight and this is the least bulky style I've found. I like MEC 'stuff' as it is sewn really well. This pouch was actually in stock for the older styles but in my opinion it would have been too big. I put my old epipen in (also in it's hard plastic case) and it shifted too much for my liking. The new style I put in and it goes in without forcing and has no give to shift about. The length fits like a glove too.

For under 20$ total for case and buckle strap I'm not complaining either. I didn't leave huge excess on the strap as that would just be something for DS to play with if it came untucked. I'd rather spend the $2.70 and in a year or two buy a new strap.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:08 pm 

BC2007 wrote:
I found for 2.70 the black nylon waist strap, you can cut it to any length you like and it is about 3/4" thick so nice and slim with a black snap buckle.

Did MEC also carry the strap? In the same section?
Thanks for posting this!