You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:51 pm 

Unfortunately, the blood tests I've had and life experience since the skin tests have confirmed the findings of the initial skin tests. I defintely start having reactions to chocolate, tree nuts, peanuts, dairy, soy, wheat, and egg whites if I somehow consume them. Reactions start with facial flushing and worsen to angiodema/mega hives from head to toe. If I consume milk or cream--I start having a severe allergic reaction and approach anaphalaxis. I have not tried peas since my initial skin tests for food allergies.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:26 am 

I'd say it was a sigh of relief. But, the gluten intolerance was frightening because I didn't know what I'd eat. I refused to go GF for a full year, before I finally decided I had better or pay the price.

I knew that I was at least sensitive to milk at the age of 3. However, due to abuse and ignorant parents, I ignored the nausea and tainted flavour of the milk and dranked it anyways, as it was safer. I should have been tested for Celiac from Birth as I had IBS symptoms from birth, asthmatic (but not officially diagnosed until I was an adult). Asthmatics diagnosed me with it when I had a severe asthma attack to Potpourrie. I always had gut ache from Onion and raw carrots which became more severe over the years. The Mustard Family has always caused gut ache or various degrees, or in the case of horseradish, I'd have to swallow whatever I was eating twice if I smelled my Dad's horseradish, even though I wasn't eating it.

Cinnamon was scary though! I had cinnamon sticks (toothpicks with cinnamon on it) and had a severe chemical imbalance. The thoughts that went through my head scared me. I felt like strangling my cousin. She hadn't done anything! I ran to my parents, told them (I was 9 at the time). Mom tossed out the allergen, and I stayed on the couch sitting between my parents. I didn't dare more for the longest time, until I calmed down and the reaction went away. I don't remember if I was given anything or not. My dad would have been against it, but my Aunt might have had a clue. My mother wouldn't have known.

Basically, my childhood had signs of sensitivities but I had no support system and no doctor who recognized the signs, until I found my current one, when I was 33. He recommended a Rotation diet after my test came back with me not reacting to what ever the allergist (different dr.) tested me for, including Histamine, as he knew something wasn't right. A couple years after that test, my Mother discovered the Alcohol allergy, which my sister confirmed. And I who discovered the Eucalyptus allergy. Either on a cut will cause an infection that won't go away until I stop using it. Litchee Nut actually causes my throat to swell. Other topical antibiotics also result in infections, but we aren't sure why. Its also useful to know that in my case, because of the abuse, I refused to accept any food intolerances until a therapist had worked out that I definitely do not have psychosomosis. I now accept them, as I had successfully worked out the PTSD. Secretly, I was hoping it would be psychosomosis so I could just "knock it off" and eat whatever I like. :rofl

Because of the Asthma, and because my symptoms appear to get worse with every accidental ingestion of food I'm intolerant too, I decided that the only sane move was to avoid all food on the 'do not eat' list like the plague and to treat them like a full blown allergy, even for those that aren't an allergy yet, and get on a rotation diet. I've been working out a rotation diet for the past 2 months, actually. This is as short as I could figure out how to make it. :roll:

Asthma, SHF, GF, EF, Allergic: Meat, Poultry, Laurel, Mustard, Gras, Mallow, Plantain, Flacourtia, Pine family; ETOH, Vinegars, CremeTartar, Cucumbrs, Fenugrk, Most of Lily, Myrtle, Parsley, Nightshade, Composite familys. Pomgrante, Litchi, Starfrt