You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:12 pm 

Just a heads up: Izzy Peach soda (and probably their other flavours as well), contains Radish. It is labeled on their bottles. However, how many of us really think to read Soda pop labels for radish? :freak They use it for colouring, and I think they said for flavour too, but don't remember for sure.

Asthma, SHF, GF, EF, Allergic: Meat, Poultry, Laurel, Mustard, Gras, Mallow, Plantain, Flacourtia, Pine family; ETOH, Vinegars, CremeTartar, Cucumbrs, Fenugrk, Most of Lily, Myrtle, Parsley, Nightshade, Composite familys. Pomgrante, Litchi, Starfrt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:22 am 

My son can eat radishes, but he is allergic to mustard. Did you mean horseradish? He can't eat that due to mustard.

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:59 am 

Julie wrote:
My son can eat radishes, but he is allergic to mustard. Did you mean horseradish? He can't eat that due to mustard.

No, I mean Radish. I react to the whole Mustard family, which includes the cabbage family. However, I don't go into shock for the entire family, just parts of it. Horseradish is the worse. I used to be able to tolerate Broccoli if it was way over cooked. I'd get severe gut ache otherwise and nauseous.

I see my doctor today to discuss epi pens and such.

Asthma, SHF, GF, EF, Allergic: Meat, Poultry, Laurel, Mustard, Gras, Mallow, Plantain, Flacourtia, Pine family; ETOH, Vinegars, CremeTartar, Cucumbrs, Fenugrk, Most of Lily, Myrtle, Parsley, Nightshade, Composite familys. Pomgrante, Litchi, Starfrt