You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Government of Canada
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:55 pm 

I never should have learned to google, but things are interesting....dry but once you learn some of the lingo....
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/securit/al ... ch-eng.php
Quote:
This large Canadian survey on the prevalence of food allergies was launched in June 2008. This study provide a better estimate of the prevalence of common food allergies in Canada as well as a better understanding of the attitudes and behaviours of those living with these medical conditions.

What a load... :verymad I find it very frustrating when I think of the $ spent-our money

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/label-etiq ... ex-eng.php

http://www.fpcc-cpac.gc.ca/index.php/en ... rticle/116
Quote:
"The Government of Canada is taking action to protect the health and well-being of Canadians with food allergies and celiac disease," said Minister Clement. "These new proposed labelling requirements will provide Canadians with the information they need to manage their own allergies, and give parents greater assurance about the food they give their children who may have allergies."

The improved regulations would require that manufacturers declare all food allergens, gluten sources and added sulphites on labels of prepackaged foods. The regulations would also detail exactly how these allergens, glutens and sulphites are to be listed on food labels.

This announcement is another step the Government of Canada has taken to improve and protect the health and well-being of Canadians through strengthened food and product safety standards.

All these baby steps every where. :banghead

Michele

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

Post subject: Re: Government of Canada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:55 am 

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/iyh-vsv/fo ... rg-eng.php
2009 06-09
Quote:
Children who are subject to severe reactions should be trained to read labels and ask questions before eating foods.
and
Quote:
Health Canada is working to amend the Food and Drug Regulations to require that the most common foods and food ingredients, which have the potential to cause life-threatening or severe allergic reactions, be labelled when intentionally added to food. These changes would also require that the most common of these foods and food ingredients be always identified by their common names, which consumers can easily recognize on food labels.

:roll:

Michele

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:39 pm 

So, now I'm learning this stuff, every time I learn something new it makes me ask questions? The House of Commons has broke for the holidays. It will resume on January 10, 2011. What does this mean for the labelling issue?

I find this interesting.
Oct 22 2010
Quote:
A new initiative was launched today by Health Canada to allow consumers to make better health choices. The Food Nutrition Labeling Initiative is online.

Read more at Suite101: Health Canada Launches New Food Nutrition Labeling Initiative http://www.suite101.com/content/health- ... z18IFDQT6r

Michele

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

It's all here viewtopic.php?f=48&t=6074&start=30

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb