You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:01 pm 

So, a guy buys a pig and takes it home. He slaughters it and halves it up with a neighbour/friend and when the friend takes his half of the pig off the guys property is apprehended by somebody that has been hiding out in the guys kids' treehouse watching for five days and keeping notes.... :frightened ...then a couple of days later the guy that butchered the pig is arrested and charged thousands of $ which as time goes on is reduced to a $1000 fine.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2 ... fence.html
Now, I caught wind of this story today on the radio. Not sure whose show. Anyhow, my understanding is that although people have been doing this for years (survival) it is since 2005 illegal in Ontario.Maybe Canada, I'm not sure. Federal or provincial? :scratchy and interested.
Something doesn't sound right here. A whole lot of money had to have been spent already- wages for guys in treehouse, equipment, police, (4 cars the guy said), lawyers, etc. :banghead Has anyone read The Hunger Games yet? I'm gonna have to find out more about this story.

Michele

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:16 am 
Site Admin

Can't sell it...could he have bartered it?

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:45 am 

I feel the bigger story here is why didn't the gov. guy just go knock on the door and talk to him? Hiding out in the kids treehouse for days taking notes is just creepy.
I'm not sure about if he could "barter" legally or not...something is just not right here.

Michele

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:31 am 
Site Admin

Pork producers gettin' tough? Their not as bad as the Dairy producers yet...no bacon program in all public schools! :rofl

But seriously, if they talked to him, they wouldn't be getting $ or media exposure.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb