You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:43 am 

I have notice many pn/tn free products at Shoppers lately. *note: not all pn/tn free products are sesame safe!
We did buy their Simply Food Dipped Chocolate Chip Chewy Granola Bars. Peanut/tree nut/sesame safe. They are SOOO good and taste almost like a chocolate bar. Not a healthy snack but a yummmyyy snack. :thumbsup

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:33 am 

Thank you for the heads up. We will definitely do some taste testing for the benefit of everyone :happydance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

:rofl

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:56 pm 

I have been buying their products recently (cookies, crakers, fruit twists), so nice to have the safe options!! I wish their candies were safe, then I'd really be doing a dance of joy!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:00 pm 

We have been getting their animal crackers and arrowroot crackers for a few years now. . . big hits with the kids. Disclaimer: I let dd eat 'may contain sesame' as her reactions to sesame have been very mild.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:04 pm 

While shopping at "Shoppers" last week I decided to buy two of the three granola bars that they have the third HAS coconut in it. (I think the chocolate dipped one has the coconut) I came home and called the 1800 to find out if the other two have cross contamination of the coconut (says nothing about coconut on label) and am still waiting a week later. Because coconut is not top ten I don't think that they must list it as a contain or may contain.
I did tell them that I was very pleased that they have pn free foods. But because the third granola bar has coconut in them I will not eat them until I know for sure. I guess I will have to call back. I know most of you do not worry about coconut but if you have any idea about this product would love the input.
thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:55 am 

Becky that is so frustrating. Why can one company be so good and then miss something. I have my own gripe. I was browsing in Shoppers waiting for a prescription and took a look at the Halloween candy. I was NOT impressed with the shoppers brand chocolate lollipops packaged for Halloween. There were 5 small lollipops, the sticks taped together to make one package. But unlike the previous big ones we've bought these were just wrapped in that decorated foil paper so EASY to open etc.. Then the tag had no ingredients although it had a huge peanut free symbol. It actually said to go to the website listed to see ingredients nutritional info????????????????????????? :banghead
The one product that should be sealed well and have all ingredients listed is a product specifically targeted at those with allergies especially as most of us deal with multiple anaphylactic allergies NOT JUST PEANUTS. And even for those dealing with a pn allergy they still need to confirm all ingredients.
So from two thumbs up to two thumbs down.
....not that we need more chocolate, I am just drawn to the pn free symbols and can't help but examine the packages . :wink:

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish