You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:43 pm 

I have been using Brown Rice Flour for years without a reaction and thought I would check out the web sites of the products to see if it was in contact with and nuts or seeds. Here is what I found:

Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Flour: **Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy**

Milanaise Brown Rice Flour has sesame present on same production line and nuts/sesame in the same plant.

My question is they are not in the product but present in the productin line or plant - is that a worry? Also, does anyone know of any other flour producer that does not have sesame or nuts in their production line or plant?

Thanks,
loumac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:31 pm 

I make almost all DS's bread products and he's never had a problem with Robin Hood - enriched or whole wheat flour. I called Robin Hood flour (3 yrs ago) and was told that their flour is made in a pn/tn/sesame free facility which is why I stuck to it.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:49 am 

I assume you want flours other than wheat. Check www.quinoa.com for lots.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:49 am 

Yes, mainly rice flour. I am checking everywhere but don't seem to be having much luck.
Thanks,
loumac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:07 am 

I haven't used it myself but I just ordered Cybele Pascal's cookbook and she raves about Authentic Foods Superfine Brown Rice Flour. I believe that I read that it is made in a nut and peanut free facility. I think you have to order it though - I don't think it's carried in Canada yet. HTH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:43 pm 

After searching all over the place I found that the El Peto brands are mfg. in a nut free facility. The staff are very helpful with information regarding other flours to try and combinations of things. They have all gluten free products which works for me.