You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:01 am 

http://www.ecrater.com/p/2246544/t-shir ... wareness-i

Another food allergy shirt with ribbon.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:36 am 

A ribbon my daughter drew for Allergy awareness. :huggy

Attachments:
File comment: A drawing from my daughter!
Small size image allergy ribbon.jpg
Small size image allergy ribbon.jpg [ 13.93 KiB | Viewed 1529 times ]

Last edited by BC2007 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:31 am 

me again.....This is what I have been posting>

Hi everyone. After much discussion on the Allergic Living chat forum as well as on the Bailey support fb page many of us feel it is time there is an allergy awarness ribbon. A consensus has been reached on the colour teal -(partly due to having found some allergy aware products already using a teal ribbon). So buy some ribbon, make a pin. It has never been more apparent that allergy awareness, education and conversation is needed.

If people have a send message link I ask first before posting, otherwise I just add an 'I hope you don't mind me posting this here' before my message.

And get this...TEAL is Allergic Livings official colour! :rofl Who knew!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:11 pm 

Here is an allergy crest/patch that I thought you all might like!! (can't figure out how to post the picture here -so here is the link)

Dawne

http://www.e-patchesandcrests.com/catalogue/item.php?id=794

DD (2003)- ana to mosquitos (risk all stinigng insects)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:17 pm 

wouldn't you know its green. :bouncygreen :bouncyblue

:D

too cute :banana

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:54 pm 

green.....with dots. lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:56 pm 

Someone at the FAS site posted this:

http://www.foodallergy.org/page/girl-scout-patch

(also happens to be teal) I have not found a similar badge for Canadian Girl Guides, but any of our American posters might be interested in this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:15 am 
Site Admin

Lots of lovely teal ribbons at Michael's 50% off this week...

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:32 am 

Although Girl Guides of Canada does NOT have a badge/challenge program like the US one, many of us leaders ARE making use of the US program and are ordering the patch from the US! - No point in redesigning the wheel. I know I will be doing the US one next year with my Brownie Unit - it helps that there are 3 of us (2 girls and 1 leader) that are epipen carriers. (2 of us with food allergies, one with buggy allergies). And we will make it FIT in the program.

The Allergy awareness crest from epatches kindof looks like a monster with hives to me - :oops: I LOVE it, thinking of ordering it!

DD (2003)- ana to mosquitos (risk all stinigng insects)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:46 am 

doitalldawnee, I am with you...I love this patch and am ordering some pdq...too funny, they are located in Sylvan Lake, Alberta...(memories of Midnight Frolics in the seventies)...I also am buying some teal ribbon and making some on my own ribbons to give people to wear.......raising awareness...I am not doing any other charitable work except this and something else on my son's behalf....... lots of good info...a song....on and on......you have to start somewhere.....and here in Alberta, I think we better get at it.....I feel another influx of people with young children coming....
BC2007, being you are fb savvy, could you ask those Momvocates the world over what they think about colors and so forth?

:goodidea paige H, :thanksign for starting this thread! :thumbsup

no more tax receipts but I am finding this way more rewarding..... :banana :bouncyblue

I also love that it's Allergic Livings colours......huge advocate of that great Canadian outfit too!

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:19 am 

I asked permission to post on Kyle Dine's page and he allowed me...Just a short sentence about how us chatty moms here at Allergic Living Chat Forum thought it was time we had an allergy ribbon to help with awareness (that we'd come up with teal) and to get the conversation about allergies going. I just added the pic. my daughter drew and left it at that. I did the same on the Allergy Mom's page and a couple others.
On the Bailey page a while back I posted the same thing and said we came up with teal here at A.L.. I didn't really ask for too much input on the colour but funny enough everyone loved teal and started posting other shirts etc. they'd found with teal allergy ribbons. So there is a consensus across the board that teal is a great colour and that a ribbon is very much needed.

Our daughter has drawn a few pictures now all with the ribbon incorporated into them for us to make into shirt, I'm going to proudly wear them all the time not just for our AAIA EPIPEN walk in May. For those of you who are crafty or have kids who are just get them to draw a picture, scan it into your computer. At Walmart or Staples etc. buy the t-shirt computer printer paper. You print it onto that paper the it irons onto a plain white shirt. :thumbsup

:happydance

The colour must be allergy mom intuition because on the Bailey fb page there are mom's from South America on who for their profile pic have a teal ribbon with allergy awareness on it. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:22 am 

http://www.bluebearaware.com/Allergy_Aw ... g_s/40.htm
Here are some more allergy alert badges.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that one you posted doitalldawne. Polkadots and all, when I first looked I only saw the link for the FAAN one, I missed this little critter. :mrgreen: Love him!
http://www.e-patchesandcrests.com/catal ... php?id=794

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:13 pm 

I have over 100 little monsters coming....and this has nothing to do with Lady Gaga.......

Called e-Patches and Crests.....still old school.....I will receive them soon I'm sure as I live close....she has more in stock and can get lots at anytime.... :happydance

I am going to buy teal ribbon and make some ribbons to give out......I also have some other tricks up my sleeve....busy, busy.... :bouncyblue

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:19 pm 

btw....I am only giving my little monsters out to people whol deserve them......ie..allergy aware...hope that they go soon!!! :happydance :bouncyblue

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:25 pm 

A.A. you are wonderful! :huggy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next