You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:07 pm 

Tried it last nite. Mmmmmmmmm. :happydance So good and pretty too! I am not the ice cream eater in the family, but I had to try it....and I will again!!

Michele

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

Last edited by alberta advocate on Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:53 pm 

Thats cool! :D I used to enjoy Peppermint Bon Bon, before going DF.

Asthma, SHF, GF, EF, Allergic: Meat, Poultry, Laurel, Mustard, Gras, Mallow, Plantain, Flacourtia, Pine family; ETOH, Vinegars, CremeTartar, Cucumbrs, Fenugrk, Most of Lily, Myrtle, Parsley, Nightshade, Composite familys. Pomgrante, Litchi, Starfrt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:59 am 

I will look for it, but flavour choices are quite limited (in what is carried locally), DH found some mint choc chip in BC (his fave), but we can't find any here. This sounds yummy, I shall brave the WalMart crowds to look for it. :P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:38 pm 

I find the smaller grocers in Western Canada have a better selection. Giant Tiger, if you can imagine, plus any of the former IGA & Food Fare chains are also good. Then, Super Store, Sobey's and last Safeway - who, if your lucky, will have three flavors!

And of course, out here it's REALLY expensive - like premium brand expensive - $5-$7/2ltr, but out east is basically the cheapest ice cream from what I hear $2 or $3/2ltr. Ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:11 am 

I have heard that Giant Tiger has good selection, I'll have to check it out. I haven't found much at Superstore, WalMart is usually good, but I was able to find Mint Choc Chip at Sobeys tonight in my search for the peppermint one. Also found chocolate with caramel swirl. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:41 pm 

Giant Tiger carries many flavours of Chapman's ice cream as well as novelties that I have not found anywhere else. Our local store (Winnipeg) carries Sara Lee cheesecake which is nut free :banana I have personally thanked the person in charge of ordering since they appear to have some choice as to what they order. And I send everyone there!

In contrast, the major chains carry from 1 to 3 flavours. Last time at Giant Tiger, the majority of their ice cream section was Chapman's.

And bonus to me, Giant Tiger is a Cdn company. They employ many local students.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:46 pm 

I talked to chapman about one year ago and they told me they were going to come out with cookies and cream I have reservations for myself as it may have coconut in it but I am still waiting to see it. I am sure it will be out soon or it is and I have missed it. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:07 pm 

On your behalf Paige, we will check here in Manitoba and sample for you if it is available :mrgreen: We don't eat coconut either.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:25 pm 

Looks like it's out - but I haven't seen it yet!
They did Gluten free cookies in it to keep it in the "original" line that is Gluten, Peanut & Nut free - yeah Chapman's.

http://www.chapmans.ca/productsNew.aspx?cat=original
No Coconut listed . . . .

They also now have "Stealth Rocket" that is a no-colour Lolly! Good for Chapman's to keep the customer in mind. Even if their products are more expensive, I support them 100%. Can't remember the last time I purchased non-Chapman's products.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:16 pm 

My daughter just saw Chapman's Cookies and Cream at Giant Tiger and it was not safe for Tree Nuts :( She didn't notice peanuts - she saw Noix (nuts in French) and put it back.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:33 pm 

Raspberry Ripple, my personal favourite. DD looking forward to the Stealth Rocket...she saw the ad in A.L. and made sure I knew she wanted it. I'm really glad they won't turn their mouths and teeth a gross colour....I hate that.

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:14 am 

Waloot - was the Chapman's Cookies & Creme in the regular 2 ltr carton? or the Premium Plastic tub?

The 2 Ltr carton is gluten, P/TN Free - the Premium products all have may contain. I've only seen the cartons at Giant Tiger, not the Premium line.

Keep looking.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:43 am 

So I went to the grocery store ready to buy the Cookies and Cream Ice Cream today, no such luck. Now Sobeys has plenty of Chapman Ice Cream but did not have that flavor. :(

I was quite looking forward to trying it. What I did notice as I looked up the ing. on the chapman web site is that they have the cookies and cream in two formats. For allergy reasons we must pay attention to which one you pick up. There is the one that is peanut/tree nut and gluten free in the carton. Then there is the Premium one that is Not "nut free" it has an allergy allert and I think it is sold in the plastic tub.

I will have to check Wal-Mart and see if they carry the Cookies and Cream. I see that the Premium has the cookie Dough (Would love that one) but even if they made it nut free it would still be like the chocolate chip/ mint chip.....it has coconut in it. :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:51 am 

My daughter saw the Premium one in the tub. Wish they didn't make the same flavour in an unsafe for PN and TN.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:35 pm 

They have 22 flavours of peanut/tree nut and gluten free ice cream in clearly marked containers - and that doesn't even include the novelties. 2 Ltr Carton = safe. 2 ltr Tub = not safe.
I'm not sure how an allergic community could ask for more.