You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:43 am 

I don't want to bombard this thread with pics so I sent some really adorable allergy awareness pictures our daughter drew to A.L. and they will post them on their face book page under photos'. DD drew a super one with a huge allergy ribbon and in the polka dots is a drawing of each top allergen as well as as many as dd could fit....and yes, corn is there. :thumbsup

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:58 pm 

Wished I lived closer....your dd would definitly be the first recipiant of a allergy aware monster....I really must get with the face book thing....

side note....I must be getting good at this techi stuff....I don't even care when I know I spelled something wrong anymore... :roll: recipiant?...just doesn't look right....but don't care :rofl

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

You two are absolutely amazing.

Group hug - :huggy

(AA it's recipient - sorry, I am an editor, I can't help it! :wink: )

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:33 pm 

Thanks Gwen, for the group hug and the spelling....I had aready looked it up anyway,I lied, I do care.......not going back to change it though....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:00 pm 

Alberta you crack me up. I am going to go ahead and post the polka dot pic here my daughter drew as you aren't on fb yet. I only got on face book a few weeks ago and I'm hooked.....here I'll tempt you...Allergic Living has a face book page....you can then be addicted like me to two A.L. sites :lol: .

Attachments:
File comment: Drawn by my daughter, 12 yrs.
email size image.jpg
email size image.jpg [ 47.95 KiB | Viewed 1745 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:58 pm 

Love the ribbon! And love that she included unusual ones. We get such strange looks when we say our daughter had a severe reaction to vegetables and fruits and got 'her first epi-pen' because of it.

My husband just came in because I kept laughing at comments in various threads by BC2007 and alberta advocate :happydance

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:59 pm 
Site Admin

I've posted 4 pics on our Facebook page!

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:15 pm 

BC2007 Big pat on the back for your daughter that ribbon is great. Quite the artist. :thumbsup

:bouncyblue

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:51 pm 

Susan, there are some really talented kids out, ...someone should have a contest to design a ribbon....any thoughts out there.....I would donate something to the winners....and then that could be our ribbon.....I wish she were here to help me do a little painting...and I love those faces on the soy. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:52 pm 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 08&theater Saw this t-shirt company on the Allergic Living fb page tonight. There is a blueish allergy awareness ribbon t-shirt if you scroll down the page. :thumbsup

Alberta my daughter's been busy. The pics Susan posted were also drawn by my dd, but they were actually drawn for Susan and her daughter for their t-shirts for our EPIPEN walk. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

We might not have to reinvent the wheel. There has been a lot done for ovarian cancer, which also uses the teal ribbon concept.
Maybe we could ride on their coattails so to speak and utilize some of the merchandise that has already been created.
http://www.craftsnscraps.com/awareness/tealribbons.html
http://www.generousgems.com/p/awareness ... dex-2.html
http://www.zazzle.com/teal_awareness_ri ... 4054024946

I haven't read this yet but it looks interesting and I didn't want to lose it.
http://hubpages.com/hub/Teal-Ribbons-Si ... sing-Cause

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:04 pm 

I think a ribbon should say what it is for....allergy awareness....in order to be known as such...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:15 pm 

I agree that an awareness ribbon should simply say what it's for - much easier then. How many different ribbons are there out that we (as a population) have NO CLUE what they are for?

I'm for a simple ribbon, that simply says "allergy awareness". Don't need to list the allergens. Lord knows just between my 8 yr old and I, we have some of the weirdest out there (mosquito bites and potato anaphylaxis).

Though, I admit to being drawn to the allergy aware "monster" crest by epatches....

DD (2003)- ana to mosquitos (risk all stinigng insects)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:53 pm 

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! A.L. posted a bit in their news update about our teal allergy awareness campaign.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:51 pm 

Such a great day!!! althought a little :oops: , I forget people are reading this sometimes....and my little monsters came today...(they are great...very well made & very colourful) and out and about today someone asked what I do for work...and out popped "I'm an allergy awareness advocate" just like it was meant to be.....didn't mention it doesn't pay me in $, but I did say I am finding the rewards to be very fullilling...I called the AAIA today and cried the blues, cuz I'm feeling a little left out with the walk thing.....and maybe got the ball rolling for next year....in the meantime..... I agree with you BC2007 WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! ...now back to making ribbons...... :pipe paige H...love this t
thread you started. :happydance

edit-that guy winking up there....he's been discussed on another thread....I think he's making ribbons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next