You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:33 pm 

Thanks Julie...I think I'll try calling that number tomorrow..won't hurt to try it anyway :) It says it would be sent by Priority Mail Canada (10-12 days). I hope it comes soon..my son was really looking forward to his new Epipen carrier. I will keep you posted :thanksign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:51 am 

does anyone know if belts/carriers are deductible as a medical expense?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:13 am 
Site Admin

It's not on the list but...if a truss for a hernia is covered, an epipen belt should be. JMHO
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs ... l-eng.html

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:39 am 

Jenn072,

Did your son's WaistPal epipen holder arrive yet?

Julie

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, peas, carrots, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:09 pm 

_Susan_ wrote:
It's not on the list but...if a truss for a hernia is covered, an epipen belt should be. JMHO
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs ... l-eng.html

it's not listed under what is NOT covered....

Might try sending it in next year. As long as it's clear what the expense is...the worst they'll do is decline it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:24 am 

Julie: Waist Pal not received yet..I'm hoping it's in the mail today..sigh. No answers to the multiple emails I've sent (on their contact form). And no replies to the voice mail I left last week...it was a generic voicemail box too, so I don't even know if it was OmaxCare or not..... so frustrating!! Hopefully I'll have good news today!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:14 am 

Question about waist pals:

I like the look of this product and would like to get one for my skinny 5 y.o. son. How well does it fit your 8 & 9 y.o. kids? On the website I couldn't find sizes, lengths or even children's products.

He is currently using the MEC carrier with his own belt but I would like something he can wear right against his skin so using the bathroom at school isn't so hard (I mentioned he's only 5 right?) and he can slide it around if he has to for gym.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:07 pm 

Jenn072, I'm sorry to hear that you have not heard back from them. Quite disappointing. I certainly hope you receive the belt soon. I wonder what the hold-up is? I wonder if there is another route in getting in touch with them... afterall, they advertised in Allergic Living, so, I'm thinking maybe they contacted Allergic Living in the beginning?? If you call them again, maybe mention that you heard about their product through Allergic Living (fall edition 2010, page 12)

The smallest size possible with the WaistPal is 24". This would require an inner overlap of the velcro to make it this small. My son is fairly big (even though he's only in grade 3, he is tall, and looks like he is in grade 5 (he's almost as big as my 12 y.o. daughter)). Anyway, he likes to wear the WaistPal belt fairly loose - lower abdomen - so the belt is at about 30". The maximum (with the longer length of velcro attached) is at about 38".

Hope this helps.

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, peas, carrots, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:04 am 

Well, another week and 2 more phone calls and multiple emails sent, with no reply, and no Waist Pal. I've even emailed AL to see if they have any way to contact OmaxCare/concealedepipen.com with no reply from AL either....does anyone have any other suggestions for me, or have any contact information for OmaxCare/concealedepipen.com? Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:20 am 
Site Admin

Yikes! I know the office has been super busy getting their new US edition out these last few weeks. If you're not receiving emails from either AL or OmaxCare/concealedepipen.com, are you sure your spam is not blocking them?

Just wondering... :scratchy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:30 am 

I guess that is always a possibility...but I do receive the Allergic Living magazine emails that come out (and I had forgotten about the new US launch, so now it makes sense they haven't gotten back to me)..and I've been going through my junk mail every day as well..just to make sure...

Right now I'm not even so concerned about the $40 I've spent, but the fact that we need a new carrier of some sort with the changes to the autoinjector...and my son really likes the fact that this one carries 2 autoinjectors, but with one in the front and one in the back, so not to be too bulky...does anyone know of another belt that carries two injectors, but with one in the front and one in the back?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:43 am 
Site Admin

Hmm, I was re-reading this and my advise to you is to contact the Better Business Bureau. I have had luck with using them as a facilitator and they may be able to get to the bottom of this.

You were led to believe that the order would arrive 10-12 working days after the payment was processed and now they are not returning messages via the only means of contact? Not good.

Meanwhile, I too, have sent them an e-mail asking for them to look into this for you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:08 am 

Thank you Susan! I appreciate it! I think I will contact the BBB... oh such fun :)
I will keep updating as I find out things...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:31 pm 

WOW, Their customer service isn't just atrocious it is no existent. :evil: NOT GOOD!!!
I hope you find an alternative Jen072 AND get your $$ back!

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:42 pm 

Jenn072, I'm so sorry to hear that you have not received your WaistPal... I wonder if the company has gone bankrupt?? I'm just so sorry that you sent your money and then did not receive anything :( . It is really such a good product, and such a shame if they are no longer able to stay in business.... Is there any way to determine if a company is still in business, or has filed for bankruptcy?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next