You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:27 am 

Thanks everyone..it is so frustrating! I did file a complaint with the BBB yesterday, so we'll see where that takes us.... I did notice that OmaxCare has a FaceBook page, but it is not "active" ( no posts since April of last year I think), but I sent a message anyway. I also went to Twitter and checked there and they also have a page there, and it seems very active..last "tweet" 15 hours ago...but I don't have a twitter account and don't know how it works. For those of you that "tweet" are you able to message/contact those that you follow? Thanks!

P.S. I think Omaxcare.com is the parent company of concealedepipen.com...when I ordered the WaistPal it told me that my credit card would be charged to OmaxCare, which it was...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:29 am 

And I also wanted to note, that Allergic Living got back to me yesterday, and have gone above and beyond with also trying to contact the company for me! Thanks AL!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:56 pm 

Quote:
And I also wanted to note, that Allergic Living got back to me yesterday, and have gone above and beyond with also trying to contact the company for me! Thanks AL!!

:thumbsup

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

I just sent Omaxcare a tweet advising them that they have been mentioned and a link to this thread. Hopefully, they'll respond!

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:02 pm 

Jen072, If you haven't heard anything back yet AND if you paid with your credit card you can contact your credit card company and they will reimburse you. This happened to us once and they were very understanding and did re-credit us the amount we spent.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 pm 

Thanks Susan..I sure hope they respond to your "tweet"...
and also thanks BC2007...I think I will give them this week to respond to either me or Allergic Living, and then I'll call the credit card company...and then I'll be on the search for new epibelt of some sort that will carry 2 epipens--one in the front and one in the back--
Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:47 am 

Just an update:
I still haven't heard back from OmaxCare (and I assume they are not answering Susan's "tweet" or Allergic Living's email either) so I've had my credit card company reimburse us and start their own investigation. I ended up ordering a duo carrier form KozyEpi that doesn't look too bulky, and my son approved of (gotta love tweens! LOL).
I still hold out hope that this company will eventually sort things out, but until then I would advise folks to stay away from ordering from them (www.concealedepipen.com and www.OmaxCare.com)
Thanks everyone for all your help!! :thanksign

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:23 pm 

Glad in the long run it worked out, I'm so glad your credit card company was understanding.

Hope he likes his new Koziepi!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:57 pm 

Just another Update: Received a reply from OmaxCare:
______________________________-
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 16:34:38 -0700
Subject: Re: Waist Pal order

A refund has been issued for your order.

The item you ordered was shipped on March 3rd. After tracking the shipment/package, the information we received was that it was treated as abandoned. This usually happens after failing multiple attempts to deliver or if portion of the label gets damage during transit.

After getting contacted by PayPal, we tried to issued a refund and ship the item for free, which is our common practice. Because the buyer issued a "charge back" instead of a "dispute" , the Pay Pal system will not allow us to process the shipment.

Also due to an overwhelming amount of junk-mail received from users with a hotmail account buyer messages got placed in the overflowed inbox where many of the new security filters are placing e-mails with from hotmail.

Apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused.

www.OmaxCare.com
"Making it easy for people to have their emergency medicine ON them at all times"

Looks like they wanted to make amends...just not in a timely enough fashion....

Thanks forr everyone's help in this matter...our sons KoziEpi will be here this week :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:04 pm 

Agreed, they are only trying to make amends due to the tweet sent linking them to this page! :roll: Horrible customer service!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:16 pm 

Hi All,

I am in the same situation - ordered waistbuddy for my son from concealed epipen website on May 3 and nothing.... I sent them a message, emailed info@omaxcare.com, tried calling (I think it's a wrong number). I guess I will have to contact my visa for refund unless they respond.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:58 pm 

I am so sorry to hear that Aguna, wow, AWFUL customer service, actually scam would be more appropriate, taking $ and not sending the product then not replying to the customer....there really isn't any other way of looking at it.

Oh, and welcome. I look forward to chatting with you on the forum Aguna, :huggy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:14 pm 

That's terrible Aguna! What terrible customer service! When we ordered the WaistPal last year, we received it promptly, but even when I ordered it, I found the whole setup a little unusual because there was no response to my order (as in a confirmation email, or phone call, NOTHING!) So, I was a little worried that I'd sent my money (and VISA information!) to some unknown party, and we may not see the item at all. Lo and behold, it did show up about a week later, so I was relieved. Because I had heard about this item in the Allergic Living magazine, I felt some comfort in knowing it must be a reputable company, so I just don't understand what is happening. I think it's a wonderful product, and I expect my son will wear his for a very long time, so it's very unfortunate. Maybe a reputable company could produce something similar (KozyEpi??)

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:44 am 

Thank you everyone for the supporting messages!
I am very upset as my teenage son doesn't really like any other options - he wanted his holder to look like cell phone case and waistbuddy was perfect, but....
Anyway, I will have to look for another product (summer is here already and my son has bee sting allergy!)
I have opened a dispute with Pay Pal - will see what happens...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:03 am 

I just received refund from Omaxcare through Pay Pal - they said " item was shipped and return after a few attempts to deliver" - lie, why it could not be delivered? Anyway, I would not recoomend them to anyone, that's for sure.
I ordered ana-tote for my son - hope he will like it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next