* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Resolutions?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

Anyone making any?

Mine is to get more serious about yoga this year. Good for the back and the flexibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:48 pm 

Mine is to finish my degree and to be more efficient in other areas of my life.
Also, I've been exercising more this past year and I want to keep that up. I've not tried yoga (well, actually, I did borrow someone else's yoga video once, but it seemed too difficult for me) but I'm into Pilates. I learned through a couple of videos, but I have a feeling I ought to take a class in order to make sure that I'm doing it properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:27 pm 

I have made resolution to stay on top of the allergy issues that I feel the strongest about. This includes anaphylaxis laws for schools, no more loose nuts in stores, and food at library kids programs.

It is only the 10th, and I have written everyone that I wanted to last year. Now I'm just waiting for some responses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

Be nicer to my husband!
Change jobs.
Get my drivers license.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:42 pm 

_Susan_ wrote:
Get my drivers license.

As someone who got her license later in life - it's nice to know that others are "late bloomers" where their license is concerned.....good luck to you! :D

Last edited by ethansmom on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:54 pm 

I am assuming here that you "late bloomers" must live in cities with good public transportation. Our public transporation sucks here...only REALLY SCARY people take our public transportation, and those brave enough to be trapped on a bus with them.

Here, you NEED to drive. Our city lacks good shopping, and I actually have to drive on the highway 90 minutes to saskatoon to shop for most clothes, appointments with our allergist and milk-free margarine. Of course, I hate driving in Saskatoon because of the traffic and the speed on the major roads. I'm sure that big city ontario driving is even worse.

This year I might get brave and drive my truck with the trailer attatched to it. That scared me last year. When my husband is working, the only thing stopping me from spending the summer at the lake with the girls is my aprehension to drive up there and try to park the trailer. The thought of my truck (which seems large already ) pulling 28feet of trailer, with 2 kids in the backseat is a little overwhelming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:16 pm 
Site Admin

I have a bus stop right outside my door. I take the bus, always get a seat spend 23 minutes sipping coffee and reading a book to arrive at work with only one block to walk. No scraping off the ice, it's always warmed up when I get on. :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:24 pm 

Only made 1 resolution this year: to put an end to an on-and-off relationship that's been going on for years. So far, so good - but it's only Jan. 12th. :wink: