You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:59 pm 

What school, what lingo regarding meeting, agendas, who is who, and what they do.....previous papertrail, administration guidelines, policies, ????? don't forget the political lingo too......starting to sound like Dr. Suess stew.... :rofl

Investigation sounds like there should be paperwork.....

edit - fb, old school telephone call?

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:32 pm 

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/health/ ... y-7-1-2011

Quote:
More than 3 months after suffering a serious peanut allergy attack, 14-year-old Adrianna Aguirre is going through rehab at a skilled nursing facility in south Phoenix, with her parents by her side every day.

"She is making progress and it is slow but she has opened her eyes all the way now and she has mentioned some words," says father Edward Aguirre. "The brain activity is coming but it's ever so slow."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:17 pm 

Heartbreaking to go through that for both the teen and her family. All from eating the wrong cereal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:20 am 

Thanks for posting this update Alberta. Makes me so sad. All the disbelievers and eye rollers should go and look into the faces of her parents!! :cry:

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:22 am 
Site Admin

I didn't watch the video but I've been following this on Facebook. It's such a sad story. I'm glad she's finally coming round but it will be a long road to recovery.

Many people act as if the epipen will fix everything but there can be long term repercussions from anaphylaxis reactions.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:23 am 

BC2007 wrote:
All the disbelievers and eye rollers should go and look into the faces of her parents!! :cry:

Very true.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

Did you see on Facebook - she's starting to speak!

Sounds like recovery will be slow, hard to say if complete with oxygen deprivation to brain. But still, HUGE progress. I think this story really touches us all.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Allergic ... 6974884797

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Anna Blue....she opens her beautiful eyes when you ask her to, and she definitely knows you're there in the room with her. Still has a bit of an infection, so the tracheal tube is still in, but she looks better and better each time.

Todays update from the Facebook page Prayers For Anna Blue Aguirre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Remember Anna Blue? The teen who accidentally ate the honey nut cereal, and went into a coma on life support? Well she is doing much better and is breathing on her own now. she cannot speak but will be starting speech therapy soon. I found this address to send cards to her! Adrianna (Anna) Aguirre c/o Hacienda HealthCare 1402 E. South Mountain Avenue Phoenix, AZ 85042

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:24 pm 

Thank you so much for posting that Susan....she has been in my thoughts & prayers as in many here I am sure. I am so happy she is doing better...what a long road.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:58 am 
Site Admin

TThis was posted on her Facebooksupport page yesterday:
Quote:
Brief update on Anna...she continues to stay on a positive path, although some days are better than others. Here's the great news: Anna's mother Karen woke up to a phone call from Anna's care facility at 3 am a couple of days ago. The care facility wanted her to know that Anna had start laughing in the middle of the night....a lot. They were thrilled, as are we. This is the first time she's laughed. I'm sure she was dreaming of something wonderful!

What a wonderful early Mother's Day present!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

March 9th 2011, Anna Aguirre, a 14 years old freshman at Arcadia High School in Phoenix, Arizona accidentally ate a breakfast cereal that had peanuts in it. She went into anaphylactic shock and then cardiac arrest. Paramedics were able to revive her vital signs and she was taken to hospital. She slipped into a coma and has slowly been recovering.
Anna lights up a room with her smile and fills your heart with happiness when you hear her laugh. She loves music of all kinds especially Lady Gaga. She also loves performing in the theater and being with her friends. She has a kind and gentle heart for animals and has volunteered many hours at an animal adoption center. She liked to visit senior centers and spend time with the elderly. She spent her early childhood in Balboa, California and loves the beach, the ocean and all its sea life. She and her mother Karen would walk for hours on the peninsula always finding new adventures.

Now, she lives at a care centre. Every second Saturday, the centre would transport her home for a few hours. This gave her a chance to be in familiar surroundings and visit with her 4 dogs. It was an important time for her and her mother.

The family has been informed that the centre can no longer transport her home. They can only transport her to Dr’s appointments. The family has looked into other transport companies but there is no company that can transport patients home. The only option is to purchase a wheelchair accessible van. The cost of a van is $20 000.00 and financially, the family cannot afford this.

There is an account set up, if you would like to help Karen and Anna, any donations would be greatly appreciated. Donations are be accepted at: Chase Bank Account Number: 2972719104

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

My daughter (10) had a garage sale today and while it was a beautiful day, there wasn't much traffic. Still, she made a display about Anna and sold freezies with proceeds going tothe family's account to help with the cost of purchasing a wheelchair accessible van so that she can come home.
Now she informs me that she is going to give all of the proceeds of the garage sale to Anna's cause.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:43 pm 

:goodidea What a generous girl!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:55 am 
Site Admin

Update!
Here is a link to the story of Anna's mother pushing for laws to ensure Epinephrine auto-injectors are in all Arizona schools. It includes a video of Anna.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... GrdRR8&s=1