You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:13 pm 

So I have my neice staying with me for a couple of days and she has some of my same allergies pn/tn but she is now allergic to soy, and this has only been about six months. This is hard for me as it is something I never look for. It sure is in a lot of things! Now my sister (her mother) has arranged for all her food needs but my neice has said that they have never found any chocolate bars or she really misses chewing gum. I would really love to find some gum or chocolate bar. I know that she has been eating some baking chocolate chips that are safe, I guess they are quite expensive though. Would love to have any treat suggestions. Got her some kernels popcorn yesterday she liked that.
I was at cobs bakery yesterday and they printed out a couple of ing. lists for me but I'm not sure of some words, vegetable monoglycerides could that just be any vegetable? And on another it says, Esters of mono diglycerides? Could they not just put this in plain english?
Were doing great but any treat suggestions would be great. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:28 pm 

Enjoy Life makes chocolate chips and cookies that are soy and PN/TN free.

Also: fruit juice popsicles, SunRype fruit snacks, fruit kebabs, homemade smoothies, homemade cookies (oatmeal raisin, shortbread, gingerbread, etc.), homemade Rice Krispies squares, homemade (cup)cakes, homemade granola bars, homemade pudding or custard...

Obviously anything with your own allergies are out, but in case someone looks at this list in the future I kept oatmeal in. Although, you could substitute barley flakes if they are safe for you.

We make most of our food from scratch, so I don't know ingredients for treats in the store - sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:20 pm 

Thank you spacecanada for the suggestions I have purchased from enjoy life and I do do plenty of baking. I was just hoping to find some gum and a proper chocolate bar. Probably a a tough find. Could do with out the chocolate bar but gum would sure be nice to find. being a teenager it is nice to fit in and be chewing gum with the rest of the kids. I know not a deal breaker but still nice.