You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: The Yard tv show
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:25 pm 

Please let me have heard wrong...I was in the other room and heard an add with all kinds of talk about peanut butter so I walked to the tv room and caught the end of a tv show promo where kids were complaining about peanut butter bans (I think). I am not sure at all if the gyst of the shows promo was pro allergies or against allergies /bans as I just heard bits. All I saw was it is a school yard show that had a child complaining about what I think was a suspension for something to do with a pb sandwhich and other I missed most of it and am now curious if this show is with us or against us.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

Post subject: Re: The Yard tv show
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:32 am 

UUUGG, and I just saw a clip for a new movie Horrible Bosses, some guy is lying on the ground, another guy says something about are you not good with peanuts and then jumps on top of him and stabs him in the neck with an epipen. :freak :banghead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:39 pm 

Horrible Bosses is a comedy about killing your boss. I don't think allergy is any more inappropriate then any other form of murder.

My objection is that the epi is not used properly. I think he is jabbed in the chest with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:28 pm 

Quote:
Horrible Bosses is a comedy about killing your boss. I don't think allergy is any more inappropriate then any other form of murder.
I agree Anna Marie. It just made me crazy to see the guy jab him in what looked like the neck ( you could be right, might have been upper chest) ! :banghead I'd be happier seeing them at least get close to the leg or anywhere on the leg...just THE LEG people,THE LEG!!!! :banghead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:04 am 

In the ad, it looks to me like he jabs him in the neck. A friend that has seen the movie (advanced viewing I think) said it's the chest. Since ads are often misleading, I'm going by what she said. And since she deals with allergies too, she would have paid attention to that scene.

Either way....wrong place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:12 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpUeQV8sdOc

Hmm, 1:45 approx. in the trailer he does jab him in the chest, about 10x with the epipen, then once again right in the side of the neck. :roll: