You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:07 pm 

DH came home from Sobeys (an IGA affiliate grocery store) with a new bread product. It is a 3 pk of fresh thin crust shells, approx 8x8 I think (3x100g). We made pizza with them and they are SUPER, they make a perfect pizza crust, crunchy and tasty. I emailed the company and they do not handle any peanuts, tree nuts or sesame ingredients. This would be perfect for brushetta or a sandwhich or pizza. :banana

Artisan Thin Crust (we used traditional)
Le Fraisier Inc
450-661-3405

Quote:

Thanks for the email!
Our facility is not "nut free" certified.

Nevertheless we do not handle, store or use sesame, nuts and peanuts. None of our products require such ingredients.

Is it the first time that you try or products? How do you plan to prepare them?

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:26 pm 

Thanks for the info! Are they egg-free too?? Would you happen to have the ingredient list? Thanks for posting this!

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:04 pm 

Their website says their dough, pizza and sauces do not contain egg, nut or seafood. :happydance

Ingredients for the thin crust crust...yeast, water, salt, flour, sugar, canola oil, guar gum, monoglycerides and calcium propionate

Can be bought at : Provigo, Loblaws, Maxi, IGA, Metro's, Farmboys. (come in traditional, whole wheat and foccaccia style)

..I said my husband bought them at Sobey's in my 1'st post but I meant Farm Boy!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:58 am 

Thank you! I will look for them in our area!

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:40 am 

Hate to burst the bubble here, but what do you think of this statement that appears in the "Allergies" link on their website.
Quote:
Politics

Pâtisserie Le Fraisier inc. strongly advise anyone having food allergies not to eat its products. Therefore, it dischargesitself of any responsability concerning that matter and any consequences related to it.l

This posting (typos and all) are on their website . . . .
Food for thought.
Margaret

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:47 am 
Site Admin

I don't know if that would hold up in court. If the food was found to contain a priority allergen that was not listed on the label, it would still have to issue a recall.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:44 pm 

Since they are absolving themselves of any responsibility via the "political" statement, I would take their claims of being "free" of anything with a grain of salt. I consider this to be the mother of all CYA statements. No go for us.

M

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:59 pm 

mharasym wrote:
Since they are absolving themselves of any responsibility via the "political" statement, I would take their claims of being "free" of anything with a grain of salt. I consider this to be the mother of all CYA statements. No go for us.

M
I absolutely agree. Sounds like they are more concerned with the legal aftermath of a reaction rather than the consequences of one from a loving and caring family that would deal with the realities.......like a hospital trip and a possible life long life changing reaction and/or death. Like a lawsuit would bring our loved one back......Information for people with food allergies.
It looks like it's on many (probably all) products
Quote:
Les pâtes, sauces et pizza de Pâtisserie Le Fraisier inc. Pasta, sauces and pizza Pastry Strawberry inc. ne contiennent pas d'oeuf, de noix, et de fruit de mer. Une liste d'ingrédients de chaque produit est disponible sur les étiquettes d'emballage de nos produits en magasin. do not contain eggs, nuts, and seafood with a list of ingredients for each product is available on package labels of our products in stores.

Politiques Policies

Pâtisserie Le Fraisier inc. Pastry Strawberry inc. suggère fortement à toute personne ayant une allergie alimentaire de ne pas consommer ses produits. strongly suggest to anyone with food allergies not to consume its products. Par le fait même, elle se dégage de toute responsabilité en ce qui attrait à ce sujet et toutes conséquences pouvant s'y reliées. By the same token, it assumes no responsibility for appeal on this issue and any consequences that connected them.

Quote:
Our family has specialized in the manufacture of quality bakery products. Fondée en 1981 par M Amine, elle n'a cessé de croîte. Founded in 1981 by M Amine, it has continued to grow.

Depuis 1998, Le Fraisier Inc, se concentre sur la confection et la distribution de ses maintenant célèbres pizzas italiennes fraîches et ses sauces maisons. Since 1998, The Strawberry Inc, focuses on the manufacture and distribution of its now famous Italian pizzas and fresh homemade sauces. Plusieurs nouveaux produits seront aussi bientôt disponible tel les croûtes minces artisanales. Several new products will also soon be available as thin crusts craft.

Au cour des 4 dernières années, Le Fraisier a investi plus de 2,5 million de dollars dans ses installations de Laval. Over the past four years, the strawberry has invested more than $ 2.5 million at its facility in Laval. Ces investissements font de Pâtisserie Le Fraisier Inc. These investments make Strawberry Pastry Inc. un chef de file de sa catégorie tant au niveau de la qualité de ses produits et services que de la salubrité des ses installations. a leader in its class both in the quality of its products and services for the safety of its facilities.

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:48 am 

Yah that is probably the worst cover your butt declaration I've ever seen. :freak

I don't think it would stand up in court also as consumers aren't expected to read websites before eating every food product. :scratchy It really is a crazy statement though. It is a shame they have it there as what they have done themselves is planted a seed of doubt where there is most likely no need for one :|

We have had DS eat the crusts several time with no issue and for us we will most likely continue to buy/use them. I'm NOT going by the statement of course (that is ridiculous of them) but rather their email back to me regarding the fact that sesame isn't used in the facility.