* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Bob Layton and me
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:34 pm 

;klkjljlk

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

Last edited by alberta advocate on Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Bob Layton and me
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:58 pm 

alberta advocate wrote:
http://www.630ched.com/Blogs/BobLaytonsBlog/BlogEntry.aspx?
My comment back
Quote:
Bob, big note here. It is a daycare worker that is required to have a first aid ticket not a teacher....and that is something, eh? Parents tend to take it for granted that teachers would be required to have a first aid ticket, but it is not so in Alberta. I guess I probably wouldn't know this except when you are the parent of a child who lives with a life-threatening conditiion you tend to check on things....and never assume anything. Not only should we have "Sabrina's Law", but don't, I feel first aid should be manditory for anyone who works with our children. Come and chat on allergic living forum. Education & health, together?
In Alberta?

I agree. I took the Early Childhood Educator program 6 years ago and had to get my first aid and CPR to qualify. Every daycare I work at requires all employees to have their first aid and CPR but teachers are not required. I was very surprised by this. When I started my teaching placements last yr I mentioned to my supervising teacher that I needed to update my CPR qualifications soon since they were almost outdated. She told me that teachers do not need it. I was so surprised. I replied by saying all people working with children need to have it regardless of whether it is law or not. I have now decided to get the AED qualifications so that I can use the portable defilbulators that are found in every school in my board. What's the point in having these devices if no one in the school knows how to use them? :scratchy I recently applied to work at a summer camp in my area and one of the questions during my interview was am I CPR, first aid, and epipen/twinject qualified? They told me that I would have to demonstrate proper use of the epipen trainer they had and watch a video about the twinject. This is defiantly the centre I want to work at and I would want my kids to go to (if I had any...). I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get the job.

edited to add: the job is at the YMCA I wonder if all YMCA locations have the same employee requirements...?

Allergic to: Tree nuts, percocet, toradol, environmental allergies and chemical allergies
Migraines caused by scented products, barometric pressure

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:30 pm 

mkjkjkkjh

Last edited by alberta advocate on Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:22 pm 

,kjhkjjl

Last edited by alberta advocate on Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Paul! :popcorn <- does not contain any real food! :rofl

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb