You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:44 am 

Quote:
(especially good timing as our host brought out nuts last night for the adults and I basically said you don't get it --
:frightened

Yikes, that is horrible!!! I feel for your kids as they are older and know if they miss out on a special treat. Did you manage to find safe treats for your kids?

I just emailed a huge thank you to Shoppers. I also asked about some Life brand gourmet jelly beans they had out. They were packaged in super cute little clear tubes and again, DS is too young for too many treats but as he gets older he will love them (and for now we are enjoying tasty safe treats). :lol:
The jelly beans have no allergy may contains but I know Shoppers does in fact label may contains. So, to be sure I emailed to clarify if they are in fact safe of peanuts/tree nuts/sesame and also any other top allergens so that (fingers crossed) they might be safe for many others also who are avoiding further top allergens.
:happydance

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:48 am 

FYI: DH was just at Shoppers. The tubs of truffles are on for 1.50$ from 6$ and the lollipops are on for .40cents from 2$. The chocolate fish/chips, ice cream cone box are on for 1.50

All chocolates are on sale DH said so I hope Shoppers isn't clearing out this new brand/line of peanut free chocolates. Take it all just don't take the truffle tubs.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:30 pm 

Those chocolates were a huge hit at the multiple parties we attended!

An update to the host 'serving nuts' --- they were in one dish but he had to shell them and chop them. He was also lectured by his wife which impressed us as we had no idea she 'got it' so well. The dish with nuts did not taste good to either my husband or me and during dinner my stomach started cramping which continued for hours. :cry: We then realized that since we cut nuts out of our daughter's diet, I have rarely had them and the stomach aches I used to get have not happened. Now we are wondering if I am also allergic to some nuts...