You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:34 pm 

Well, today, a little after 1:00 pm Adler did it again.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=160&start=60
Quote:
Friday, July 29, 2011
630 ched afternoon talk show Charles Adler
Not sure what time 1-3 pm but will have to check the audio vault to narrow it down, but I will figure out how to work that....he threw the peanut allergy card ...something to do with the heat, humidity and a ball game and whether they should close the roof (Toronto). I was with Ds and he was driving so I was paying attention to him driving and not the radio, but I heard something. I like that guys (Adler) view mostly, does anyone know if he has a history on speaking of allergies? (I can't believe I'm listening to talk radio. It must be my age.)
Something I will follow up on. I'll be back.
I hate when he mentions "the nanny state" and includes peanut allergies in this......the discussion today is about something going on @ Niagra Falls? A squirrel in a playground? Some school has banned tag and ball playing :dungetit I think he said Mass. but I'm not sure. Sometimes I think the world has just gone crazy.....but chalk another reason up for teachers and staff that work with children having first aid tickets and anapylaxis training annually.

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:06 am 
Site Admin

I think you're going to have to send him an e-mail listing some reputable sources of information so that he can make informed comments instead of simply throwing out statements that are ignorant of the facts.
:huggy

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:07 am 
Site Admin

I think you're going to have to send him an e-mail listing some reputable sources of information so that he can make informed comments instead of simply throwing out statements that are ignorant of the facts.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:28 pm 

_Susan_ wrote:
I guess so.....because he did it again today. Well, I think it was that sidekick of his (Menszoid?) I do have to learn the ins and outs of listening later on the audio vault....usually it's no problem cuz I'm the only one home.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:40 pm 

Menzoid (sp?) is a 'troll' in my opinion - meant to get people riled. Ignorant, rude comments are the norm. I mostly listen to talk radio on my commute but since it's only 10 minutes I don't listen to a lot 8)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:47 pm 

Ah yes, trolls. Well, I guess that is what talk radio is all about....getting people riled.....that can also be a good thing. I think I will write....you know what they say about publicity....and I don't mind ruffling a feather now and then....I will do a little investigating first though. Adler's across the country, isn't he?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:08 pm 

alberta advocate wrote:
I will do a little investigating first though. Adler's across the country, isn't he?
Seek and..... http://www.nopeanutsplease-com.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Friday, May 2, 2008
NoPeanuts On Charles Adler

Today I was interviewed on the Charles Adler show which is syndicated across Canada. Here is the link to the recording. (It will be on the site for 30 days and you will need to select 2pm on May 2, 2008.)

The interview went well. Charles asked several good questions and he was well prepared on topics ranging from Wesley Burks comments this week, to the Kentucky student being charged with wanton endangerment, to Trace Adkins comments on the Apprentice.

I actually took calls from listeners this time around which was new for me.

I am very glad that this issue is being well received. Charles noted today that he definitely learned something new from our conversation. I hope that his listeners found the interview insightful as well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:36 pm 

done.
Quote:
Hi Charles.

I listen from Alberta (630 ched 1-3 pm) and am a stay at home Mom and find it hard these days to hear you over my family (summer). Every once in a while lately, I hear the word allergy pop up only to find that you are speaking of the "Nanny State".

I caught part of a replay yesterday and also heard you mention something about calling it (the nanny state) something different. While that is going on, could you do another bit on the allergy thing (specifically anaphylaxis- a life threatening condition)? Perfect timing.....back to school.

I have done some research and found that you did a piece (back in '08 I believe) and would be more than glad to speak and bring awareness and education to Canadians, (and Menzoids). In the meantime, please come and chat or just read (I lurked for awhile) on the Allergic Living Forum under the user name alberta advocate.

Please don't hesitate to ....
:popcorn