You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:28 am 

I have 12 children. I am now dealing with a third one that is having corn allergy trouble. My second child Josh had severe watery bowel movements within a few minutes after eating certain foods. I tried eliminating the typical allergens, but never could figure it out. By the age of about 3 1/2 he was so weak he couldn't run around the yard more than a minute or two without being totally exhausted. :rofl Skin tests didn't show up helpful either. He eventually grew out of it.

My 6th child Zach would turn red all over his cheeks and have the runs. Then one day we had corn bread for breakfast. He ate two and a half pieces (Loved it!), but broke out bad. I started taking note of corn products and found that he reacted the worst to pop and other high fructose corn products. Lunch meats and hot dogs and catsup, candy - all bad. Then one day when he was five he snuck a container of bee pollen out side and hid it under a bench. Over the next two days he ate 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup of bee pollen. When I found out I was worried, but then I began to notice that he was not reacting to corn products when he got a hold of them. :bouncygreen It seemed to last for the next two to three weeks. After that I would feed him pollen every day that I remembered (1/2 - 1 teaspoon). It seemed to be very helpful.

Now I just discovered that my last child Jed has this problem. His isn't as bad as either of the others, but it is keeping him from completely potty training because he can't control his bowels. I guess I'll have to go buy some more bee pollen. :wink: