Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Winter Asthma
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

How are people doing with winter flareups this year? Have you reached that sometimes elusive state of control?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

We seem to have our daughter's (4 years old) asthma well controlled.
Her asthma may flair up if she has a cold. We try to avoid it by increasing the control medication. Only trouble is the company which covers my husbands medical benefits won't cover the medication if we increase the dose it will deny the claim as it feels the medication shouldn't be required.
We have since discussed it with her Dr and now he prescribes a larger dose (yellow zone). We stick to her Asthma Action Plan. I really get tired of Insurance Companies. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:40 pm 

I'm not sure if I actually have asthma. My respirologist who knows what she is talking about says no--it's vocal chord dysfunction. My allergist who also knows what he is talking about says that I have asthma. I'm remaining agnostic.

I have mild chest tightness sometimes when waking up in the a.m. It's a lot better now than in the summer though. The smog was awful this year. I'm trying to remember that now that I'm missing the warmer weather. I don't usually have major trouble breathing...although I did have some trouble when cycling on a particularly warm day in the fall....I figure it was the exercise combined with the cooler weather (cooler than summer anyway) and the mould from the leaves.