You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:17 pm 

Although my allergic child does not have a sesame allergy both of my kids have children with this allergy in their classes this year. Since I expect that others at provide their kids nut-free foods in the classroom I would like to do the same for the sesame allergic children in their classes.

So... Are there any crackers, breads, wraps, etc. that I can give my kids to take for snack? I know about the mini-croissants (so addictive!), but is there anything else? All of the crackers in my house seem to have a may contain warning! :dungetit

I will do some hunting next time I am at the grocery store but I know that my best resource is the knowledgeable group on this board. I have to give it to you guys, shopping for the sesame allergic seems to be a much tougher nut to crack than shopping for the peanut/tree nut allergic!

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:47 pm 

:thanksign robinsegg! It's wonderful for the sesame allergic individuals to have proactive parents like you! These are the crackers that we have found are safe: Christies Premium Plus crackers, Kraft Stoned Wheat Thin crackers, Christies "Triscuits", Christies "Sociables", Christies "Toppables", Christies "Ritz". I'm sure there are others, but this is a start. Honestly, until I typed this list out, I did not realise how many of the choices are Christies (Kraft) products. Kudos to Christies (Kraft)!!!!

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, peas, carrots, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:31 pm 

Horray! They do exist! And since I see that your son is also allergic to tree nuts & peanuts I assume that these crackers are nut safe too? I have never really bothered with Christie's crackers since I don't understand their labeling and end up calling about all of their products individually. Up until now I have just gone with Dare but all of their products seem to have a 'may contain' warning.

Thanks so much for your help!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:37 pm 

DS also eats the Kraft noodle crackers. They are new and look like a KD noodle. We also eat the mentioned above crackers as well as DS eats :

Christie Brand Soup crackers
Christie Wheat Thins Stix
Christie Exellentes (Ritz)
Christie Multi Grain Wheat Thins

Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers (original, whole wheat and new cocoa fish)

And from Sobeys (IGA affiliate company) 'Compliments Brand' Mickey bites. Come individually packaged in original and cheddar

And Robinsegg :thanksign

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:42 pm 

...thought I'd add (even though it is in my eyes more of a cookie) that the

-Christie Brand Graham Wafers are also safe.

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish