You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:21 pm 

We have been looking for some safe organic dried fruits, particularly figs. We finally found a company with good customer service and safe products for myself and all of our friends and relatives with multiple allergies. Woohoo!

Here is what they wrote to me:

Thank you for contacting Made in Nature. You will be pleased to hear that our facility is not shared by any other products. Our facility contains strictly our dried fruit only which is all nut, gluten, and allergen free. There are no nuts or any other type of cross contamination you need to worry about when consuming our products.

I’m glad Made in Nature can provide peace of mind that our facility is not shared and you can enjoy all of our dried fruit. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you for your support in Made in Nature.

www.madeinnature.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:28 am 

Good to know. So many dried fruits say ' may contain TN and PN'. Do you know if they sell through retailers or just on their site!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:37 pm 

I know what you mean. I leapt for joy when I read their e-mail. They are being sold at a local health food store and the coop I order from sells them by the case as well. I haven't seen them at the big supermarkets though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:02 pm 

I don't mean to be a bother but for someone like myself who is allergic to many things, like sulphites I suggest being very careful as my allergist warned me NOT to have any dried fruits as they contain natural sulphities.

If anyone has allergies to sulphites and can still eat this dried fruit, I'd be curious to know as I like some dried fruit but like I said, I can't tough em unless they are sulphite free.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:52 am 

Obviously, what is safe for some people may not be safe for others. The company assured me they were safe for everyone in my family (allergies to nuts, peanuts, dairy, soy, egg, wheat, and soy). As an organic company, they don't add sulphites to their fruit.

You may want to ask the question about naturally-occurring sulphites in the sulphites thread, as I have very limited knowledge of naturally occurring sulphites in fresh organic fruits and vegetables. (I know sulphites are sometimes added to non-organic fresh grapes and dried fruits.)