You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:44 pm 

Ok, I have to admit, my DD still goes trick or treating :oops: ...she is is little in size and loves the whole thing and I know for sure she adds lots of fun to our neighbourhood. :thumbsup

This year one of the neighbours were giving out purple bracelets...you know the rubber ones....they didn't say anything...but...she and her "little" friend :huggy loved that they were small enough for them (most are too big) & I'd bet $ the bracelets come home decorated today. Better that than her skin :lol:

past years - little playdough, fancy bandaids. The dentist in our old home town used to give out toothbrushes w/his advertising. :thumbsup

Plus giving the usual candy my reclycling niece leaves a box with a "for free" sign on it with their well loved clean toys. They are always gone by the end of the night.

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

We gave out puzzles, key chains and mini cars as well as the usual stuff. Dh said that two little boys were thrilled to get cars!

I pick stuff up on clearance and tuck it away until it's needed. They were lootbag trinkets from Easter that had gone on sale...

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:20 pm 

We gave every kid the option of food (Fruit to Go) and non-food (Play Doh or beaded key chain). The Play Doh was a HUGE hit with the neighbourhood kids, even more than the food treats. A few kids squealed with excitement (complete with running and bouncing back to their parents to tell them) when they got Play Doh. So cute!

I always loved getting pencils and toothbrushes as a kid. I liked to collect the little Hallowe'en erasers too...