You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:49 pm 

For the month of November 2011, Medic Alert has a 10% offer. The email we received said

"Is your ID faded/worn-out? We have a special offer for you."
... which prompted me to look at my son's medic alert bracelet. Sure enough, it is almost illegible it is so faded /worn out! I had no idea. So, I ordered a new one. We just buy the stainless steel $39 model because it seems to be the most practical. The fabric ones get wet, the sterling silver was a problem for him as he reacted to something in it, so the stainless steel seems to be the best for him. I love the new Roots leather bracelet style, but, again, it will be constantly wet (our son gets water everywhere with the constant handwashing! :)

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:00 pm 

:thanksign for posting this Julie....we had a discussion the other day regarding the issue of WEARING ONE!!!! This was our solution.....I have promised to buy two new ones so she has more choices. Her's seems to not go with all of her many "looks"....and "Mom, what are the chances of having to use that, no one has ever looked at it any time I've ever been to the hospital and I can tell alway talk." :banghead :banghead Frontal lobe disconnect, I guess. If it ever is needed, I hope they look between all those other bracelet she likes to wear.

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:49 pm 

Alberta Advocate, I wonder if your daughter might like this style:

http://www.medicalert.ca/en/members/pro ... =10&p=I257

You can buy these at a set of 2 for $69, or as a single for $49. They come in white, black or pink.

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses