You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:56 am 

Quote:
A man in Oshawa, Ontario received a rather bold, but anonymous letter in his snail mailbox from children in his neighborhood that he had slighted them on Halloween, all because the lady that lived there before him was the pinnacle of treat giving. He is now trying to find out who sent the letter by placing an ad on one of the local classified websites.

Really!? :scratchy

http://www.blook.cc/2011/11/04/man-receives-scolding-letter-for-no-halloween-candy/

Allergic to: Tree nuts, percocet, toradol, environmental allergies and chemical allergies
Migraines caused by scented products, barometric pressure

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:01 pm 

Saw this awhile ago, and I think it started as a joke among friends. Like the looking for good woman in the wanted ads, must have tractor. Or buying a ticket on a goat for someone else for charity. But I could be wrong. We bought a house from a dentist once and all the kids missed getting toothbrushes. We sold the house just after a year of living in it, and told the people who bought it to go get toothbrushes w/ their company name of it....good advertising.

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:03 pm 

Just opened our local paper tonight, and a Dad wrote in that his 12 year old son received a pamphlet while trick-or-treating that said "he could not do good enough things to pay the penalty for his sins, and the wages of sin is death, and would be separated from god forever."

Nice, eh? The dad summed it up nicely by basically saying let kids be kids and keep beliefs to ourselves.

Don't hear anymore stories about razor blades though, so maybe we have progressed a teeny tiny bit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:17 am 

Quote:
....told the people who bought it to go get toothbrushes w/ their company name of it....good advertising.
:rofl

There is always a positive spin to be found... love that!!!

Outgrew eggs, fish, shellfish

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:52 pm 

Momtobunches wrote:
Just opened our local paper tonight, and a Dad wrote in that his 12 year old son received a pamphlet while trick-or-treating that said "he could not do good enough things to pay the penalty for his sins, and the wages of sin is death, and would be separated from god forever."

Nice, eh? The dad summed it up nicely by basically saying let kids be kids and keep beliefs to ourselves.

Don't hear anymore stories about razor blades though, so maybe we have progressed a teeny tiny bit.
That 1st part - that is just so wrong and :( :huggy to that Dad and his family. and the razor blades....well....I hope that most of those stories were false, you know urban legend sort of thing. My kids think parents just said that so the kids would just make them think about the whole safety thing. When I was younger...there were way more "tricks" played I think. I remember cows and chickens being painted, outhouse being tipped over, haybales in the middle of roads.....I am glad that stuff is over. My dad used to tell of him &his siblings running after tipping an outhouse and the farmer came out and shot into the sky (he hoped) anyway, he tripped and fell and his :mrgreen: brother, running past him shouted to his other siblings, "OMG, they got Tom! and that was the end of their tricking days. :mrgreen:

Oh, and then there was the egg throwing....really hate that...my old hometown was awful for that (plus they used to do it the nite before too :roll: even had a name for it, which I will not share), I always walked DD in and checked when she was little and have to admit, I do still check on stuff like that. Some times if people don't know, they just don't see the danger and think just a quick wipe or scrape (temperature dependant) is good enough.

dh-allergy cats, bugspray and guava, outgrew egg allergy