You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:35 pm 

Does anyone know of any instant noodles that are safe for tree nut and peanut allergies? i.e. Mr. Noodle or cup-a-soup type stuff. All the noodles I found today have peanut warnings. :(

Trying to find some packable instant things for a outdoor winter day trip. We will have access to hot water but no microwave. (I usually rely on instant oatmeal, but I'm looking for some more savoury options.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:51 pm 
Site Admin

Rice vermicilli? you'd need to make a broth though...

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:13 pm 

I believe the campbells ones are safe, but the seasoning is already 'loose' in the cup (ie not in a packet), so might not work for picky kids who like plain noodles.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:24 pm 

Not sure about peanut but we have had some chow mein noodles that come in a large bag --- they can be eaten without being cooked too (have used in salads).

What about Cup-a-soup?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:50 pm 

Has anyone looked into this more? Just watching Ponyo with the kids and they are eating instant noodles, the kids want to try it now....

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:33 pm 

These are not exactly "instant" noodles, but we can safely eat Lipton's chicken noodle soup. We boil the water, pour the contents into the pot, then allow to simmer on the stove for 5 mins. I'm not sure if you could just add water and let sit... it's worth a try. We don't eat this often, but it's the soup our kids like when they're sick, or I will bring it along when we go skiing. For skiing, I will make the soup, then separate the noodles from the broth (otherwise, the noodles absorb so much of the liquid, and become MONSTER size noodles... our kids don't like it like that). I will put the noodles into 2 small thermoses, then put the broth into a larger thermos. When it comes time to eat, I pour some liquid into the noodles for the kids, then my husband and I just drink the broth. I will leave it in the car for a few hours, and the broth is stilling VERY hot and steamy after skiing. Makes for a great hot snack when you're cold!! (Hard to think of this right now when our weather is now over 20C). :swing

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses