You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:27 am 
Site Admin

I saw this on facebook and want to share it we the members of AL's forum.
Yael Walters Kozar posted:
Quote:
from advocate Jennifer M. " I wanted to let you all know that one of my members of my support group recently was talking with Disney about meal choices and options for dessert for their son on their upcoming trip to Disney. They were extremely disappointed to find out that Disney will be phasing out carrying Divvies cookies and they are currently going to be replaced with a gluten free product that is not safe for those with dairy and egg allergies. I am writing to ask if you could reach out to your network of food allergy supporters to see if we could keep Divvies at Disney. If you or they would like to write to Disney as concerned parents or a Leader of a Support Group (if you are) that would be wonderful. The email contact is wdw.guest.communications@disne​yworld.com Please share this with your Support Group members if you have one and ask them to help keep allergy safe products at Disney. Please do not connect your correspondence to FAAN, as we want them to know that this will impact consumers from all over the country. Again, please write your email as a concerned parent or a Support Group Leader. I personally believe having the option of Divvies cookies (especially because they are individually packaged) are a wonderful option for the food allergic community and Disney was a place that these cookies could be found in many of the restaurants. Wouldn't it be great if they could offer both products?"

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:09 pm 

:( :dungetit

I am not too happy... just like when they replaced their Ener-G breads with Udi's, which contain eggs. *sigh* I wonder if it's the increase in gluten-free trends and diets that are driving them to make these changes?

We have Divvies ordered and delivered to our hotel room whenever we go on holidays in America, but it was always nice to see Divvies at Disney World as a special snack. I've already sent in a letter to the special diets department, seeing if Divvies will still be there when we go in May, and expressed the importance of having treats safe for other top allergies too. (They no longer have safe cookies, non-dairy ice cream, soy milk, dinner rolls, what's next?) Enjoy Life would make a great option -gluten-free and top allergen free too!

babycakes NYC (in Downtown Disney) is off-limits to us because they use gluten-free flours which may contain tree nuts. :( They are safe for most top allergies though - so huge kudos to them for that!!

On the up-side, we are looking forward to some safe meals at the restaurants when we go. There's a smoothie place in Downtown Disney that is supposed to be safe too. :D And the huge baked pretzels, Mickey waffles, heaps of fresh fruit, frozen lemonades, and other safe goodies we can find around the hotels and parks - there are still a lot of options; it's just sad to see some of our favourites disappear.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:10 pm 

Does someone have the correct email address ? I typed out an email to Disney but it would not go through. The email address listed isn't right.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:13 pm 

I've always dealt with the people at specialdiets@disneyworld.com :)