You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Epibelts for adults?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:51 am 

Are adults wearing the epibelts or finding another way to have their epipens with them while at work?
I am trying to devise a way that my daughter who likes to wear dresses can have her epipen with her and still look fashionable. I have looked at the ones on the leg. Summer is here so capris, shorts and dresses call for some creativity.
Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Epibelts for adults?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:53 am 
Site Admin

The thing is, you want them to carry it with them.
There are several cute pouches out there in various colours. She can put the pouch at the back so it isn't so noticeable and then you need a colourful belt part. You can also go witha wristlet type of purse for formal occassions.
I'll try to post more websites once dh and dd are dealt with but here's a spibelt to start with.
http://store.spibelt.com/Kid-s-Belts-s/22.htm

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

Post subject: Re: Epibelts for adults?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:38 am 

When wearing dresses, I opt to keep my EpiPens in my purse/shoulder bag/wristlet, as wearing them under a dress makes them difficult to access. For casual clothes, skirts, and sports, if I don't want to carry a bag I will wear a SPIbelt that Susan linked to. I like the idea of the ankle Epi holders and would be interested to hear anyone here who has tried them.

Everyone is different, but for me, having a few different options available is nice so they can be mixed and matched to what I am wearing or what I am doing. The options are endless, but finding something your daughter will WEAR is the most important factor; if she likes it she will me more likely to keep it with her at all times.