You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:09 pm 

Has anyone had any experience with bioresonance testing? I took 4 month old DS this morning to see if we could get answers and the test came back positive for wheat, soy, peanuts, pork, buckwheat and onions. It feels pretty overwhelming right now and I'm clinging to the hope that maybe these tests come with a bunch of false positives.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:49 pm 

Something doesn't sound right about this - you can't be allergic to something without prior exposure, and a 4 month old probably hasn't had most of those foods yet. Was it from an allergist? This article covers the basics of food allergy testing pretty well. Any testing not listed here is not likely to be at all beneficial in diagnosis and will mostly result in false positives and unnecessary dietary restrictions.

I've never heard of bioresonance testing.

http://allergicliving.com/index.php/2010/09/03/testing-for-food-allergies/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:49 am 

Thanks momstobunches. We're hoping most of them are just sensitivities as opposed to full blown allergies, but at the very least, it has helped DS' crazy gas, cleared up most of his rashes, eliminated the screaming fits and magically has him sleeping for 8-9 hours at night instead of 2-4 - yay us!!

I've also read before that they can't be allergic without prior exposure, but I respectfully disagree. DD screamed her head off for her first 6 months, as in screamed for hours and absolutely nothing we did helped and we had zero luck getting any answers from doctors. Finally she broke out in hives and projectile vomited the very first time I fed her rice cereal that had skim milk powder as one of the ingredients. Once they did a RAST and she was diagnosed with a milk allergy and I eliminated all dairy from my diet we saw a huge improvement within a couple of days and she was a brand new baby within 2 weeks.

My kids seem to react quite strongly to whatever amount of their allergen is in my breast milk, which is why we sought out the bioresonance testing while we are waiting for the referral process.

Yesterday afternoon DS was struggling again; he had gas that was tough to pass, a small rash on his chest and arms and the red allergy ring on his bum was back. After a few hours of trying to figure out what it might be a light bulb went off in my brain and I checked the oil I added to the gluten free, dairy free, soy free pancake mix I had used that morning and sure enough, it had soy in it! It seems crazy, because I only used 2 Tbsp for the entire batch and I only ate 3 small pancakes, but within 6-8 hours it brought back many of his earlier symptoms. I'll happily keep up this crazy restricted diet until we can get medical confirmation if it means I have a happy little dude. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

I hate to dash your hopes but bioresonance is just so much snake oil.
http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRel ... ectro.html

Check with your baby's Dr to rule out anything serious (I'm sure you have). If everything checks out OK, I would suggest trying infant massage. http://www.livestrong.com/article/21573 ... a-massage/

Check your local parent listing for infant massage courses offered locally.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb