You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:09 pm 

Hi! I'm just joining and seeing that food intolerance people should hang around these parts :) We do have other allergies, but none of our food issues are allergies, they are intolerance.

I have two little boys, their stuff is listed below. I am currently on an elimination diet with some legumes and gluten to see what is causing most of my distress. I am for sure intolerant to milk, but have had IBS and reflux for years and I'm trying to figure out the other links.

My little one also is in limbo right now. He is reacting to something else he's eating even though we've cut out soy and milk and so we are on an elimination diet for him as well.

Very happy to have found this place!

DH (spring and fall outdoor allergies)
Self (dust, mold and multiple food intolerances)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:30 am 

Welcome. Glad you found us!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:57 pm 

Welcome! :happydance

Celiac Test is highly recommend, but is also considered very inaccurate. My doctor found that 9 in 10 patients he has diagnosed with IBS, really had Celiac and not IBS. If you find that eating a strict GF diet (and going Oat Free, Coffee Bean free too) clears up IBS symptoms, pain goes away and you feel better, then you definitely have Celiac. After all this, you can add GF Oats back into the diet and see how you feel. Only 25% of Celiacs react to oats as well (I'm one of them.)

They have found that Celiacs react to Coffee Bean. Coffee Bean does the exact same type of damage as gluten does in Celiacs.

The Celiac Test:
It is a simple Blood test. However, it is recommended that you eat lots of gluten for a full two months before getting the test done in order to get a more accurate test.

Asthma, SHF, GF, EF, Allergic: Meat, Poultry, Laurel, Mustard, Gras, Mallow, Plantain, Flacourtia, Pine family; ETOH, Vinegars, CremeTartar, Cucumbrs, Fenugrk, Most of Lily, Myrtle, Parsley, Nightshade, Composite familys. Pomgrante, Litchi, Starfrt