You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

This article was posted in our recent NewsReport and I think it deserves to be posted here again.

It features interviews with leading experts, including parenting and bullying author Barbara Coloroso and Dr. Scott Sicherer, chief of the division of allergy at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine.

The article explains the study that found an astounding one in three children with food allergies has experienced bullying, harassment or teasing because of their allergies – most of it occurring at school.

The experts explore the emotional impact of taunts like “peanut kid” and the raw fear of a reaction when allergenic food is thrown or waved in an allergic child’s direction.
http://allergicliving.com/index.php/201 ... se/?page=1

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:28 am 

That article brought back so many bad memories from my childhood...

I thought with all the awareness that food allergy bullying did not exist anymore. Shows I wrong and naive I was to place my faith in mankind.

I am so down with the criminal charges that were file. I wish my parents would have done the same. Would not have erased what I had been through but at least, it would have been some sort of payback to the bullies.

Gives my wife and I another reason not ot have kids. I wouln't not want anyone to go through what I had to go through in school. I'm really sad, and mad, to see things are not getting better.