You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Spices/Herbs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:48 pm 

Can anyone recommend a company for dried herbs/spices that are peanut/tree-nut/wheat/gluten/dairy-free? I haven't been able to find one anywhere and my meals are lacking flavor! (Fresh herbs are so expensive sometimes and dried would be so much more convenient).
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Spices/Herbs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

We use Club House brand. I'm not avoiding wheat/gluten so you might want to contact them first but they're safe for the other allergens that you are avoiding.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:51 pm 

We also use Club House Brand for our food allergy issues; however, we are not dealing with wheat/gluten. I would recommend you call Club House/McCormick... their customer service is amazing! The CS rep I spoke with did discuss wheat/gluten, and I believe the glass McCormick (the same company) are stored in a special area in the factory to maintain gluten/wheat free. They definitely know their stuff. When you're at the grocery store, if you don't want to yet buy the spice, simply write down the phone number and the name and barcode of any of the spices you are interested. Check both the Club House Brand (red lid, plastic bottle) and McCormick Brand (I believe these have green lids, glass bottles). Best of luck in adding more flavour to your food!!

12 yr old son: allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, sesame, sunflower, mustard, poppy seeds, green peas, some fruits, instructed to avoid all other legumes (except soy & green beans), pollen, cats, horses

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:56 am 

Another McCormick fan here. In Canada, they are consistently nut/peanut/dairy free but we do not deal with gluten or wheat allergy so I have not asked about those. Give them a call.