You are viewing Allergic Living Canada | Switch to United States

Talking Allergies

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks @ Arizona Food Allergy Alliance for this initiative.

Adrianna Aguirre suffered an anaphylactic reaction 2 years ago. She is in a long-term care facility and only communicates by blinking her eyes. Help spread the word and send in SQUARES OF FRIENDSHIP.

It's as simple as getting a square of soft flannel and mailing it in! Just go to the link below and print out the directions and take them to your local fabric store such as Joann's, WalMart, MulQueen's Sewing, Michaels, Hobby Lobby etc.

AFAA is making a quilt to give to Adrianna. http://www.arizonafoodallergy.org/squar ... dship.html. We need your help. Let's come together as a community for our friend, Adrianna. Thank you! Questions info@arizonafoodallergy.org.

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:37 am 
Site Admin

Remember Anna?
I happened across this and thought I'd share:
"Anna is much happier at home and is going to school 3 hours on Monday, Thursday, and Friday. The teachers are very encouraging and I think she really likes attending and getting to interact with others.
Her communication is through a computer that we got 2 months ago. It works through eye gaze. All she has to do is look at a picture long enough for the computer to pick up her gaze and it will talk for her. Like "I am tired" "Want to go to bed" "My dog's name is...", "This is Ottie" "Hi my name is Anna" etc.
There are numerous programs that she can utilize as she becomes familiar with how to go to different screens. There are games, I Heart Radio, U Tube, Movies, download music. We are just beginning to see some communication and it is promising. Yesterday, she said thank you to her speech teacher. She has used no and yes, and played the drums with her eyes. The school is going to take her on a short field trip this month. She rides in the van with me and we go for walks often and we watch TV together in her bed. I have painted one of her bedroom walls a Dr. Seuss, fluorescent green, and it's so Anna. I think she really likes it. We have 6 dogs and 4 of which, are hers, and she doesn't seem to mind the barking and sometimes Kisses or Ottie will lay with her."

:banana :happydance

Me: allergies to some tree that flowers in May
Cat: allergic to beef, pork and lamb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:21 am 
Site Admin

Thx much for the update about Anna, Susan.

It's good to hear she's at least made this much progress. Prayers for her continued improvement.